on 30 April 2017
I was very dissapointed with this book, after enjoying the first two, I had high expectations of this one, the plot was very slow and didn't really go any where. I found the whole cast of characters very annoying and pathetic, especially the leader of the Varden whom was in my opinion overly arrogant and full of herself.

I also think this book could of done with a better editor as it could of easily been a 300 page book if you cut out all the rubbish and things that had been overly described. I don't usually like giving up on books but as this one was so awful I had to give up
on 3 July 2017
I love these books and bought this as a long journey companion for myself and the wife. Unfortunately we couldn't force ourselves any further through the set than disc 2.
Much prefer O'Shay in Eragon and Eldest. We believe He does a lot better job at bringing the characters to life with a lot broader vocal range than the gent who read this. Kept having trouble working out which character it was supposed to be due to same voice being used for multiple characters.
One person found this helpful
on 7 May 2016
Excellent story, although written for teenage readers which I am most definitely not, I throughly enjoyed it.
It was recommended to me by my ten year old grandchild. So good for any age, specially those of us who like fantasy reading.
on 29 March 2014
I love fantasy stories but this series of novels is rather different from the usual stories about dragons and magic. I finished each book rather quickly the first time round but I have read them a few times and I have never grown bored of them. If you like mythical creatures and magic but is portrayed in an adult way then read these books, you won't regret buying them.
on 6 November 2016
I love these books and am eagerly waiting to read the last in the series.but will be sad that the adventures will be over... it's such
great escapism on a wet winters day
on 19 July 2017
I love this book series. I struggle finding books that I enjoy and this is my go to book collection along with the Harry Potter series. I can honestly say that I read this series at least once a year and look forward to it.
on 15 April 2018
not bad but does not live up to Eragon (book 1)
on 10 May 2013
Book 3 of the Inheritance Cycle. If you got this far then you are hooked. I enjoyed the series though it's probably aimed more at teenagers, it's easy to read and there's plenty of action in a fantasy land where magic is normal and anything can happen. I got the hardback version which is heavy to hold but would probably last better than paperback.
on 14 January 2018
I really liked this book because it had a lot of nice descriptions of battles. Also, the plot of the book is awesome
on 22 June 2014
Kind of Lord of the Rings without quite so much palaver, this remains a rollicking adventure story with little fear of allowing some teenage awkwardness from the main character to let the reader empathise. Like Rowling, this write has the ability to write for quite an audience range!