on 11 August 2014
Out of all the books J.W has ever written, this one is by far one of the best. It explores many issues that go on in the outside world. The basic story is mum is having a baby and she thinks that the family needs more room. So she buys a house in a place called the planet estate and she tells the diamond girls that there moving straight away. There are four diamond girls Dixie, who is ten, Jude, who is fourteen, Rochelle, who is eleven and Martine, who is sixteen. They don't all get on and there are is a lot of arguing between them and the oldest has a secret that she doesn't tell anyone. Jude also gets into a lot of fights. All the girls have different dads but the only dad you do meet in the book is Dixie`s dad. There is also a guy named Bruce who helps them move in to the new house and he acts like a sort of uncle to the girls. When the family move to there new house its in a very rundown area and the house is a tip, all broken and messy and damaged. But they have not even started unpacking yet when mum goes into labour. Mum is convinced the babies a boy but only Dixie knows the truth. Full of drama, excitement and madness, this book shows you the fun and not so fun things about having a huge family. I read this book from start to finish in a day. I found the story so easy to understand and the way that J.W writes her novels is just amazing because the story flows perfectly from one bit to the other. I like all J.W books but the diamond girls is definitely one of my favourites. I would recommend this book to ages 10 and up because the book contains a little bit of teenage pregnancy and domestic abuse but its not that bad so i think it its suitable for all ages really. Teenagers buy this book. Because its awesome!!!
By Jessica Lenton
7 people found this helpful
on 7 May 2018
I really enjoyed reading this book
My favourite sister was Jude.
She was clever and tough and always there for Dixie.
I think that Bruce was unbelievable and that he was cool.
I really hated Mary's mum. She was cruel and horrible
and I didn't like reading about her.
Overall this book was different to any I have ever read.
There was a lot of secrets in it
and I think that politician who said "The Illustrated Mum"
was their least favourite book is silly. Jacqueline Wilson is totally awesome!!!
on 12 April 2015
Personally I am a massive fan of Jacqueline Wilson. I am 12 now and probably be reading more adventurous books but the hunger games Harry Potter and Jacqueline Wilson are the best. Diamond girls is quite a moving book that goes through lots of harsh unfair things like dealing with massive family issues and also happy joyful things like mum giving birth again. Much like most of Jacqueline's books they are impossible to put down and I found that I read this book in 2 days. I would definitely read this book again as I love it and rate it 4 stars. I would recommend reading book at the ages 10-13. I think that this is a slightly more advanced book by Jacqueline
4 people found this helpful
on 28 December 2014
When I say tough, I mean the hard-core subjects of The Diamond Girls. It has mild language, not a thing you don't know, and themes are pregnancy and... I don't know. Martine, Jude, Rochelle and Dixie are sisters all with a different dad. They go to the Estate to move somewhere. Their mom is pregnant, Martine is cross, Jude's gone wild, and Rochelle is flirting with boys. Dixie, the baby of the family, just wants to have a peaceful life back at home. But Martine goes missing- and there's something odd about little Mary next door... The Diamond Girls is a real-life read full of suspense, grit, wit and imagination. Classic Jacqueline Wilson at its best, and recommend for girls who want an exciting and modern read.
on 10 June 2015
This book was amazing my favourite sisters are definitely Dixie and Jude and baby Sundance I hate hate hate Martine but Rochelle is ok.......... wouldn't want her to be my sister though!!! #lol :)
5 people found this helpful
on 8 June 2017
Absolutely amazing, touching, sweet and a heart warming ending.
I feel sorry for poor Mary, Dixie's friend she meets. Upsetting parts in book so be warned but it is not a bad book. Things to be careful of in this book:
Teenage pregnancy
Detailed labour
Abuse
Mild rude language
Upsetting features
But all in all this may be a typical, unfortunate, family somewhere.
on 17 October 2017
THIS BOOK IS AWSOME APSOLUTE TURN OF THE CENTURY. I TOTALLY RECCOMEND THIS BOOKS. IT IS MY FAVORITE BOOK AND I HAVE READ IT ABOUT ONE MILLION TIMES. AND IF YOU FOLLOW MY ADVICE AND BUY THIS BOOK THEN TRUST ME, SOON THIS WILL BE YOUR FAVORITE BOOK TOO!
reviewby Sophia Tayton.
on 25 December 2014
Wow I started it and got into it it's quite complicated because you don't really know what is happening at times I recommend it five stars because I like complicated books well brilliant as far as I'm concerned buy it

Recommended age 9+ or eight plus if you can sort out what's happening

ATTENTION parents read the first chapter before giving it to a child 8-
on 18 August 2017
I bought this for my granddaughter, and she absolutely loved it. I think she has now read every Jacqueline Wilson Book. The service was rrally good and efficient
on 18 November 2015
Yet another excellent Jacqueline Wilson book. My 10 year old daughter loved the plot, which is different from other JW books. Knowing about the sisters' lives was interesting.