Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 8 May 2006
suzanne enoch has once again proven herself to be a great storyteller

londons perfect scoundrel is a deliciously wicked regency tale, where the man an out and out rake is seduced into marriage by a respectable young lady(although he thinks he is the one who is doing the seducing) i also recommend a matter of scandal, sin and sensability or all of enochs books

marvelous
on 30 March 2005
I absolutely adored this book and have read it approximately 15 times. I fell head of heels in love with 'Saint', he really is London's Perfect Scoundrel. The plot is good, characters well-written and the interplay between them is believable. Any romance reader will love this book, it is a must-buy!
on 25 February 2013
Had high expectations for this one...but the whole thing felt flat and emotionless. Somehow neither the heroine or the hero gained my affection and I was more or less bored through the whole thing. Only finished it in hopes that at SOME point they would surprise me and do or say something to make them lovable or at least like able I felt there was really no chemistry between them, and the plot was a mess. It was neither here nor there. This is my first book by this author, and even though the first impression wasn't the best, I'll still remain open although a bit skeptical.
on 26 January 2011
This is one of my favourite Suzanne Enoch books. Although this is the 2nd in a series of 3 books called Lesson's in Love, I read them out of sequence. Despite this fact the story was clear and enjoyable and I have re-read this particular book many times.
As with a lot of Suzanne Enoch's books this has the typical scoundrel who vows never to fall in love and the innocent maiden who believes the only way she will every marry is for love. Add to this a mix of comical misunderstandings, steamy seduction scenes and heart warming romance and you have a book to curl up and escape with.

All in all a good read and I would heartily recommend.
on 23 June 2011
I'm finding my kindle a dangerous thing its so easy to buy books! My first Suzanne Enoch and probably not my last. Very enjoyable read. Would recomend to historical romance lovers. Read in 2 days - well I did have to fit in going to work!
on 21 June 2010
I loved this book the characters worked well and were totally believable. Saint certainly is a loveable rogue and Evie is truly determined and when she puts her mind to it gets what she wants. Will read again - a personal favourite.
on 11 June 2011
Having read some of this authors other works I thought I was prepared for this one but I wasnt. What a load of drivel couldnt wait for it to end! It is obvious that the Suzanne Enoch has never read any other book set in the Georgian period. The characters are unreal (as one other review stated) it is as though they have been picked up out of modern day life and plonked down in an alien environment.

I will now think twice about reading any more of her books!!
on 26 June 2003
London's Perfect Scoundrel: Lessons in Love, is a book I am certainly going to remember - The second book in the Lessons in Love series I found it hard to put down. Saint and Evie were interesting and likable characters - The story was full of humour, surprise twists and kept you guessing right to the very end. I am really looking forward to the next book in the series
on 27 September 2013
This book reminded me about Julia Quinn's style of writing. The story starts with the main female character Evelyn and her circle of friends. They were discussing how to teach the men to be proper gentlemen. The brother of Evelyn was in India but he returned in England and used his sister to gain political seat in House of Lords. I didn't like how her brother was using her till the end of the book and I am pretty sure that there will be book about him as well. I don't think that I will be able to see him in different light. Evelyn met the main male character Saint in attempt to gain favours regarding her brother's political career. Her first impression of Saint was that he is dangerous and his rudeness does not have limitless.
Evelyn has visit an orphanage and she wanted to help those poor children. However, she was told that she needs the approval of the board of the committee. She had the surprise of her life when she found that one of the members is Saint, the one person she is trying to avoid. Saint was very rude with her and he made very scandalous proposition to her. She accepted it because she wanted to help the children. It was difficult to keep everything in secret from her family especially her brother. Saint became member of the committee because it was condition in his mother's will. However, Saint had a plan how to get away from this obligation. Evelyn found out about that and her only choice was to kidnap Saint. This was unexpected twist in the book and this is one of the reasons why I gave the book 4 stars.
I didn't like how the author paints her male characters. The author focus only on the negative traits and this makes it less unbelievable when at the end of the book we can see sudden change in their character. Also, I think that the end of the book was not finish and I wanted more information. Overall, it was a good romance and I am looking forward to read other books of this author.
on 29 July 2014
Did not enjoy this as much as the first book in the series The Rake (which I loved), was a bit disappointed. Could not really connect with the characters or story line.