Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 5 February 2001
Depending on whether or not you have ever read Valley of the Sun (released by Silhouette about 5 to 10 years ago), this is either a brilliant book, or a total rip-off by an author who has put a new title on a book, possibly re-written it a little, and then re-released it. For people who have not previously read Valley of the Sun, I can strongly recommend this book. Hope and Rio are both interesting characters and, unlike a lot of romantic heroines, you get the impression Hope would have survived somehow even if Rio had not turned up to help. I would have given this book 5 stars if it wasn't for the fact that a lot of people are going to be led into buying it in the belief that it is a new book. It isn't. Elizabeth Lowell is one of my favorite authors, one of the few that I will go as far as to buy in hard back. I find it regrettable that I will now have to add her to the list of authors that I will not purchase books from without some indication of the contents. Five stars for the book, 1 star for tricking the readers makes for an average of 3 stars.
on 28 October 2001
This is really one of Elizabeth Lowell's best book and I have read all of them. I like Rio's character, a really strong man and yet kind and Hope, the heroine is someone you can admire. Hope's ranch, Valley Of The Sun is dying due to lack of water and Rio has the gift to find her the water. He arrived at her ranch ready to help her without asking for anything in return. A truly lovely tale and a must read for all romance fans. This is good!
on 15 November 2013
Am I the only reader to have found overtones of Zane Grey in this very well written love story? Maybe its the strong willed main characters. Elizabeth Lowell has just the thing here though if you want to give yourself a lift. Bought this on kindle and only wish I'd got round to reading it sooner as I really enjoyed it. Not often I write reviews and even less often that I re-read even parts of books but I enjoyed the closing chapters so much that I went straight back over them whereas I'm usually one for moving on to the next read
on 5 June 2005
I usually read Johanna Lindsey, Judith McNaught, Teresa Merdeiros and I found this book really difficult to read. I still haven't finished it and I started reading this book in 2002. It is very slow and boring. The characters didn't entrance you or get you invovled. Rio has some mystery but the book didn't really capture your interest enough to keep you reading. The heroine seems to have a lot of responsibilities but the book didn't entice you to want to know how it all pans out. I didn't even feel the chemistry between the characters. I usually finish every book I start no matter how boring but this one has got to be the hardest book to finish! It would be great if I finish it this decade!!!! I'm not a slow reader either, I can finish a book in a day if its good!!! So buyer beware!
on 6 January 2007
I have read and own many books by many authors but "Beautiful Dreamer" is definately one of my all time favourites. I have re-read it so many times that I have lost count and I still am deeply touched each time. It is a beautiful story about love and hope, lived by two very sensitive main characters. It tells the reader of the importance of preserverance and that no one should give up before treading all the paths.
on 10 August 2013
Although a bit cheesy I did enjoy this book. It was a good, if predictable, easily read storyline. It's not my usual type of reading material but made a pleasant change.
on 10 August 2013
Surprisingly, for a person who enjoys technothrillers, I enjoyed this story! Kept me interested right through to the very end.
on 24 March 2012
If you like the Only series then you will enjoy this book. Set in present day, the two lead characters are interesting and deep, especially the male lead, Rio. The life and work on the farm is so descriptive that you can imagine being there. The background history of the West was interesting too.
on 21 August 2013
an interesting easy book to read, especially if in a dreamy state of mind at the time of reading. No heavy concentration needed.