on 13 April 2015
Great read am loving this series. Absolutely love Ewan!! Can't wait to find out more about Kieran as I read through the rest of the series.
on 12 July 2004
I LOVE Kinley MacGregor books, and this 3rd book in the MacAllister series was truelly memorable. Nora was the perfect bundle of trouble for the tormented Ewan. The book is filled with Kinleys exciting plots, lovable charcters and loads of laughs.
For those readers who were disappointed with this book PLEASE dont let it stop you from reading her other novels. You can see how great a writer she is in her new book A DARK CHAMPION, the 1st in her Brotherhood of the Sword series, trust me that you will not be disappointed with her latest effort!!!!
on 16 October 2003
When I picked up Kinley MacGregor’s book ‘Taming The Scotsman’ I expected a run of the mill historical romance. I was wrong; this book is anything but ordinary.
In the prologue we are introduced to the huge brooding Scotsman Ewan who blames himself for the death of a beloved brother. This tormented soul has turned away from the world and taken refuge in a highland cave. We learn of the reason why he is branded a murderer and are half-repulsed and half-drawn to the pitiful man.
Nora, unlike the dark brooding Ewan, is a bright sparking character who, like the birds in spring, chatters constantly about everything. In fact she does not know when to keep quiet. Chapter one starts with Nora, who has run away from a fate worse than death, hesitating outside the door to his cave... and that is the start to a well executed story.

The secondary characters give body to the story without detracting from the two main contenders and, as the novel is part of a series, you know that some of them will have stories of their own to tell. Fortunately the books are stand alone and you do not need to have read one of Kinley’s ‘McAllister’ novels to understand the characters in ‘Taming The Scotsman’.
Get this book and read it. My only regret was not starting earlier in the day, the humorous writings had me burning the midnight oil. I just could not put the book down.
on 31 October 2013
I have been reading books ever since I got my 1st Kindle and I cant get enough of them.
This book took me into another world, would recommend to anyone, you get absorbed in the story.
You never know what is going to happen next, this series has you hooked so expect lots of late nights reading.
on 17 October 2013
Amazing. Couldn't put this down. The whole of monkeys medieval books are just enthralling. The McAlister and the brotherhood of the sword series and they all tie into one....
on 2 December 2013
ohhh my lord never wanted to tame a Scotsman so badly in my life how to drift away into ones own little world brilliant
on 7 November 2014
Love the series
on 11 March 2016
Good condition
on 12 February 2004
After reading kylara147 review of this book I went out and bought it thinking that I was on to a winner. But what a disappointment!!! Not only was this book boring from the onset - the mention that it was humorous, is totally wrong.
I was really irritated that I wasted my money on this one. If you want a book where the romance is so tedious that you can't belief that you are wasting your time reading this, then you are on to a winner. There is no real spark between the main characters.
The other brothers sounded much more interesting, although there weren't a lot of them in the book - but I will not bother to buy the others in the hope that they actually might be interesting.
Thinking back on the storyline - I really having difficulty in saying anything good about it.
on 18 July 2005
this was the first book i read by this author. I just have to buy all her books now. Just an amazing read!