Customer reviews

on 16 January 2014
Delivery very quick from ordering. Very happy with it, I have enjoyed all the books in this series Very entertaining read. I very much enjoy the storytelling quite enjoyable
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 August 2013
I prefered this to the previous novel in the series. I liked the characters better but still not a great read in my opinion.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 July 1999
This is the first time I read anything from Ms. Jeffries and I couldn't put this one down. Her stories was so refreshing and romantic I wanted to become the main character. I can't wait to read more of Ms. Jeffries work. This is a must read book! This one I will put with my collection of favorite romance books.
on 21 August 2001
Having read all Ms Jeffries books to date this is definately her best. I really think if she sticks to this perfect formula she can never fail.Handsome, devestatingly sexy hero,pretty innocent heroine out of her depth;super sensual sex scenes and some hilarious laugh out loud dialogue and scenes. I feel sure the author is a fan of Jane Austen because some of the verbal exchanges are reminiscent of our regency idol's work. I can't wait for the next book. One of her other books 'A dangerous love' is particularly funny and outrageous in places.My only selfish criticism is [I do like my heroines to be at least pretty]that to believe in the initial attraction of these drop dead gorgeous men our ladies do need to be pretty.However this won't stop me buying Ms Jeffries future work because she is so funny!
on 29 October 2002
This was my first Sabrina Jeffries' book and it has really made me want to read all of her others. The plot was cleverly done. Jordan is very, wickedly sexy and Emily/Emma is innocently charming. Together they are both funny and sad. i could really feel for Jordan who desperatetely fought falling in love with Emily.
The story is simplistic yet gripping- A rake falls for an innocent rector's daughter, she is later forced to masquerade as a wild heiress. He sees through her disguise and finds her endearing. Jordan goes against his fear of grasping virgins to pursue the woman who haunts him. What ensues is sexy, funny and frustrating and worth reading. This is a keeper.
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 February 1999
I picked this book out of whim and I was surprised at how good it was. It has a masquerade, a heroine who discovers her sensual self without acting ninnyhammer around the hero, an arrogant hero who remains likeable despite his high-handedness, and a truly loathsome villian.
What I love most is the interplay of words and innuendos between Emily/Emma and Jordan. And with Jordan so obsessed with her, how could a girl resist? And the love scenes... I was reading this in a rainy cold night and I actually kicked the blankets off, surprising dear hubby.
This book is truly one of the surprising classic scenario of wonderful serendipity. It made me hunt out its prequel.
Other authors should learn from Jordan - How To Write An Arrogant Hero Without Making Him A Donkey 101.
on 19 December 1998
In 1819 Derbyshire, England, Emily Fairchild mourns her mother, who recently died. Still, Emily attends a masquerade ball as a companion to her friend Lady Sophie. She becomes both jealous and upset when she sees Sophie dancing with the notorious rake, Lord Blackmore. However, Sophie's father Lord Randolph Nesfield, Blackmore's parliamentary rival, makes an ugly scene on the dance floor. Through a mixup, Emily ends up in Blackmore's carriage where he proceeds to kiss her.
A few months later, Sophie is exiled to Scotland by her father for trying to elope with someone. Randolph and his sister want to know who the scoundrel is so they can buy him off before his daughter runs off with the unsuitable man. Randolph blackmails Emily into donning a masquerade by threatening to expose the mercy killing of her pain-racked dying mother. Emily pretends to be Lady Emma, a disguise to enable her to wander among the Ton in order to learn who wants to marry Sophie. Blackmore recognizes Emma as the lovely Emily, but cannot obtain the reason for her disguise. Even as the duo falls in love, he still feels he must expose her to the Ton.
THE FORBIDDEN LORD is an interesting Regency romance that will leave readers laughing at the exchange between the lead protagonists and struggling to figure out the intrigue of who is Sophie's love interest. The entertaining story line is a sub-genre fan's delight as the talented Sabrina Jeffries scores with this delightful look into the Regency period.

Harriet Klausner
on 27 July 1999
I just loved the book "Forbidden Lord". Jordan just didn't know what he got himself into when he kissed the ever proper Emily. Emily was a great heroin and Jordan deserved her entirely. To think the heartache he caused his sister Sara in "Pirate Lord" I hated him when he took Sara by force but he redeemed himself when he feel in love with Emily. I can't wait for Ms. Jeffries to write the final book of her trilogy.
on 19 May 1999
This book is about the stepbrother of Sara Willis, the eventual wife of the "Pirate Lord" (I hope you read that one first, or else you will be seriously confused!!!) Jordan is one arrogant s.o.b.,but once you get into his sad life story, you understand where some of it comes from. Emily has a strong sense of principles and a puritan mindset, which Jordan quickly goes about destroying!!! These 2 are a match made in heaven, even though they both fought it like hell. A good, stormy romance that makes you want to slap the characters silly until they see the light!!! There are some loose ends though. Revenge is SWEET!!!
on 1 August 2006
Excellant read if your after a historical romance with a bit of a sizzle, thourougly enjoyable.