It's five days before Christmas and Stephanie, the world's worst bounty hunter, has been tasked with apprehending Sandy Claws. Hunting down a toymaker just before the holidays isn't much fun but she needs the bounty he'll earn her so that she can afford to celebrate Christmas. As of right now she doesn't have any decorations, she's relying on her parents for dinner and she hasn't bought a single present so the situation is getting critical.

Visions of Sugar Plums is all the fun of a Stephanie Plum novel sprinkled with a whole lot of Christmas magic. I'd forgotten how much I love the Between the Numbers novels, Diesel is a great addition to the series and I love the mysterious vibe he gives off with the way he seems to appear and disappear at will. Throw in shopping with Lula, Grandma Mazur's new stud muffin, Valerie's surprise, a couple of appearances by Morelli and some elves starting a riot and you're in for a treat.

This book is slightly shorter than the main novels in the series but it's perfect reading for this time of year and it's pretty much guaranteed to put a smile on your face. It's definitely put me in the mood to dig out the Christmas decorations and put up the tree so perhaps I should have waited until december to read it :o)
on 24 June 2013
It is Christmas and, as usual, Stephenie's life is in complete disarray. She hasn't bought any presents and she is on the hunt for Sandy Claus, a burglar who has not shown up for his court appearance. Then Diesel shows up in her apartment and doesn't want to go - and he is seriously hot and handsome but Stephanie has her hands full with other things to do. She goes Christmas shopping with Lula who comes back with 4 huge bags to Stephanie's very small one - and she still hasn't caught Sandy Claws! And then there are the midgets to contend with (who prefer to be called little people!) including Randy Briggs, the bane of Stephenie's life. Fast and furious, racy and punchy - can't put down book that has you laughing all the way.
on 8 December 2002
As a Huge Evanovich fan I got this book from the U.S branch of Amazon so that I could read it as soon as possible. I started to read it the day it arrived, but unlike Stephanie Plum books 1-8 (which took a mere day to read) this offering took over a week to read and even then it was a struggle. It's boring, a huge diappointment, has a tenuous plot and at times insults your intelligence. My advice is don't buy it - if you want to read it, at least wait until it's out in paperback or borrow it from a friend/the library. Come on Evanovich - you can do much better!!
on 30 January 2015
I'm sure this book would have been great if I had known the characters (and/or read earlier books in the 'series') - as it was I think the author assumed that you would know more about the characters before you read this book. I read it as a book club book and knew nothing about it before I read this. So an OK book, but slightly confusing.
on 7 December 2002
I have throughly enjoyed all the Stephanie Plum novels, each one has be better than the last, all the characters are wonderfully eccentric. But this book is a brilliant Christmas read to get you in the mood for a Merry Christmas. One of the best bits of the novella is near the end hilarious exploits of Grandma's teeth.
on 8 January 2003
I am normally a number one fan of Stephanie Plum but found this book not at all up to her usual witty self. I would say that it is more like a children's fairy story with a few rude bits thrown in. I was very disappointed at the content and found it a complete waste of money.
on 26 May 2013
This was my first Janet Evanovich book and I loved it. Christmas, magic, fun, romance. It had everything I was looking for in a relaxing advent read. Indeed, having bought more Evanovich books, I have found them quite hard to get into, because they didn't have the 'magic' of this one.
on 10 January 2016
Love it and Love Janet Evanovich. Bought this for a long car journey and to introduce this author to my teenage daughter and we both loved it. Made the journey speed by!
on 10 December 2015
As with all the Stephanie Plum books it's good fun and funny. Diesel is her side-kick. A short book. Easy to read.
on 19 August 2016
Not as good as the series. More like a gap filler but still readable.