on 30 March 2017
Certainly expands the mind and contributes to literacy awareness and understanding.
on 29 August 2017
Evokes deep thought.
on 24 August 2017
All good.
on 18 May 2017
good
on 4 August 2017
As expected as I have just started reading this edition.
on 6 August 2017
Book arrived in good condition within a few days of my order. Very happy, thank you
VINE VOICEon 8 April 2010
Heaney's version is easy to read and understand. A truly terrific tale of tragedy, heartbreak, and honour. I really enjoyed reading and studying this play and would recommend it to anyone looking for a moving play to read. It's short and quick and one i'll be rereading.
on 14 July 2014
A year ago I would have laughed heartily and long if anyone had told me I'd give one of the Classics A 5 star review.

It is one of the book's on the Open University AA100 The Arts past and present module, and I had been ambivalent at best, so when my Amazon package arrived I just thought it would be a quick flick through. How wrong could one girl be?

From the first word I was hooked. Seamus Heaney has done the most excellent job of making this Classic readable, and more importantly understandable and interesting.

I can't wait to get a deeper understanding of the text as my course goes on.
on 15 July 2016
Okay, this isn't the sort of thing I usually read since I'm not really into this sort of stuff - but given I had a choice of two essays for a University assignment, I much preferred the option that requires me to read this text.
I was afraid that I'd struggle with understanding in fairness but I'm amazed by how simple Heany has made it to understand. Plus, it's turning out to not be a bad read (I put it down to share my thoughts here.)
I'll consider this my something new for the day - and I don't regret it. Pick it up. You too may be pleasantly surprised.
on 4 June 2017
A very old story about power, defiance, tyranny, courage, and duty. Very old, but very modern, and beautifully translated by Seamus Heaney ( much missed Seamus Heaney ).