Customer reviews

Caden's Vow (Hell's Eight)
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 13 January 2013
I was a fan of Sarah McCarty and read her Promise series and loved it along with the 1st three books of the Hells Eight series, but I felt they lost their way a bit along the way, I think the main reason being the length of time between books, you forget who is who and when I started Cadens vow I had no idea who Caden was from the other books, as its been so long that they started, but saying this it was a pretty good read, I liked Caden and also Ace who I think the next book will be, and I admired Maddie, she had had such a horriable life untill she went to Hells Eight and to see her start there and end up a happy, strong woman was as great as the hea for her and Caden.

Gunslinger Caden Miller is getting itchy feet his best friends and the rest of Hells Eight (apart from Ace)are married and settled. So he decides to leave and go Kansas to find gold at a mine that was blown up in the last book.
Maddie O'Hare was bought to Hells Eight when Tracker rescued her from a brothel house where she had been since she was eight years old, and she was so damaged in her mind by all she went through she often escaped to a dream world in her head to avoid dealing with her past, but she has been drawn to Caden ever since she came to the Hell's Eight compound from the brothel,she doesn't want to let him go so she follows him on her horse with her dog, she's captured by Hells Eight new neighbors, and begins a short friendship with the owner of the ranch but makes him think Caden is going to marry her, so wehn Caden arrives to save Maddie, he is held at gunpoint to the vows have been read and he and Maddie are married, at first Caden is angry Maddie tricked him into marraige untill Ace points out why, and makes Caden face up to his feelings for Maddie.

this was not a bad read much better than the last two books and I am looking foward to reading Ace's book how ever long that may take.
on 24 May 2017
A
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 February 2014
I have to agree with other reviewers. Sarah McCarty's books seem to have something missing at the moment. I loved the Promises books. I was so looking forward to the Hells Eight - and have read them all. I am looking forward to Ace's story and hope Sarah comes back onto form!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse