Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 10 September 2010
I've come to love Susan Grant's books, and the Borderlands series was fun until this book. It's ok ... but Susan Grant is usually 5 star not 3, and I've given it only 3 because I found it disappointing in comparison to her others.

The language grated on me - it sounded like something out of Star Wars in places .. "fine she is" instead of "she is fine", and people saying "freepin'" this and "freep me", which frankly sounded like a child scared to say the real F word rather than being another world's cussing!

The storyline also disappointed me: I obviously suspend belief when reading space opera novels which is how I'd categorise this series, but the other novels had "believable" story lines whilst in this one for instance, people managed to overcome 5 years of mistrust within a heartbeat!

I found myself almost giving up on the book halfway through but continued in the hope that it just been my mood during the first half that made me feel so critical, but in all honesty it still read more like a Mills & Boon than one of Susan Grant's best. It did have the obligatory happy ending though!