Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 19 November 2010
Rob's betrothed has pulled out and his not-to-be brother in law feels guilty so arranges another match for him. Mairi is the girl chosen, willful but yet has a check on her ego. Rob is deaf and no one thought to tell Mairi. He realizes this after they wed and is scared that she may not want him if she finds out so goes about trying to pretend he can hear. His is a great romantic lead, strong, tough but yet vulnerable. His family and friends protect him and are very weary of his new bride. Most of the story centers around the couple traveling from the Highlands to the lowlands and then preparing for the attack from her cousin Randal who was wanting Mairi for himself so he could take over lairdship and have the following of the people.

I enjoyed this book a lot but would have liked it to be longer and I could really get to know the characters and I would have liked to have seen how the relationship developed. I found the author recapped way too much to the detriment of the pace of the story. Eg he loves me - next chapter - he doesn't love me - and so on.

If you like historical romances, like Cross Stitch (my all time favourite) then you will enjoy this.