Customer reviews

on 11 December 2008
With a selection of wonderful tales in the life of Alfie with his little sister Annie Rose, this book makes ideal bedtime reading. Ideally for the two years and up age group, the stories about everyday life in the world of a little boy are something all children can relate to. The pictures are large, so plenty to look at whilst reading with some lovely touches only adults will appreciate.

Very traditional, maybe a little old fashioned, but the safe world of family and normality that we all want for our children. My daughter can't get enough and I love reading them.
on 26 April 2009
This is the first Alfie book we've bought. We've had it for about 4 hours and we've read it through four or five times (at least, and Alfie Gets In First must have been read seven or eight times). My two year loves it, so much so that, although these are lovely stories, beautifully illustrated, I will need to buy more Alfie stories, so that I don't end up memorising the entire book.
on 27 May 2013
When i taught ,children loved these stories,so took this bookto Germany for my little grandson,only 2 yet. But as I was awakened each morning ,very early by hinm, a ltlle voice piped in my ear"Alfie nani, Alfie".Beautiful illustrations and simple ,relevant to small childrens' lives stories.
on 2 January 2013
Brought together in one volume, here are all the wonderful 'Alfie' stories which have charmed children (and grown-ups) for years. Shirley Hughes is the doyen of illustrators, and her drawings catch the essence of childhood, vivid, expressive, full of charming detail. My wife, for whom I bought this, taught 3 to 5 year old children for many years and Alfie was always a firm favourite with them. The stories are wonderful to read aloud and children will be enchanted. But beware, once you have finished reading to them they will want you to start all over again! Highly recommended, and exceptional value too.
on 25 March 2014
Bought this for my new born grandson called Alfie! Lovely stories and the illustrations are wonderful. A really lovely book
on 18 February 2010
Reasonably speedy service. Item in good condition. Excellent stories for a 5 year old with lovely illustrations.
on 27 April 2016
I read these to my children 24 years ago and they are just as wonderful to read to my granddaughter. She loves the 'real life' type stories and I enjoy reading them just as much!! The beautiful drawings create lots of discussion. I suppose if there's only one downfall it's that the stories are better as separate books, as it takes my granddaughter a while to find her favourite page, but that's just a personal opinion. A truly wonderful book.
on 1 February 2015
From about aged 3 my boys were avid fans of Alfie. Now my niece is also 3, I got this as a gift for her. Feedback is very enthusiastic! Shirley Hughes draws you in to the family life and timely adventures of Alfie and Annie Rose. I'm a big fan and am sorry that my boys are now too old to have these read to them!
on 13 January 2017
Beautiful Alfie treasury book containing 4 Alfie stories and with the beautiful illustations of Shirley Hughes that I also remember from my childhood! My 3 yeat old is loving this treasury book!
on 14 November 2013
This is a lovely book and I have suggested buying it to several friends who have grandchildren. I bought this for myself having read it over and over again to some of my own grandchildren.