Customer reviews

on 7 November 2009
I read this book, as all the other from the serie and I loved it. But I must say that I'm quite disappointed of the change of style of the cover, you can't do such things in mid serie.
on 24 July 2009
As with all the other "Spooks" books this is fast moving, entertaining and has comments on life in general. I found it held my interest from start to finish.
on 30 December 2012
A series of brilliant books. Pact to the brim with adventure,sacrifice,fear, adrenaline and deep depression with a topping of happiness and contentment.
on 13 August 2013
Once I have finished one book I have to buy the next one straight away they are full of magic and monsters if you like fantasy then well worth a read.
on 15 January 2013
The entire wardstone chronicles collection is brilliant and I'd recommend them to anyone as they have the perfect balance of mystery and chills.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 June 2009
THE SPOOK'S SACRIFICE is the sixth installment in the Wardstone Chronicles. With each new book the story develops, drawing you in further and further to the world of Tom Ward and his master, the Spook. In this installment, Tom's Mum returns from her homeland of Greece, asking him and the Spook to join her to fight the dark there. Although the Spook is not happy about it - because she has made an alliance with some of the witches - they do go with her. But, in order to fight the dark, can they still do so without having to sacrifice things along the way...?

That is a vey brief synopsis. There are a lot of developments within this part of the series, and I would not want to give anything away. All through his stories, Tom learns things about himself and those around him; his friends and allies, but also his enemies too. He is quickly learning that despite being a servant of the light, the world is not so easily put into black and white. Good and bad are often mingled. And this is what I love about this series as a whole. Because the characters are complex, you do feel as though they are more realistic. This, in turn, makes you care about what happens to them.

This is a fantastic series. If you are new to them, the first is THE SPOOK'S APPRENTICE. There is much to like about them. And how this last book ended, I for one cannot wait for the next to be released.
on 24 December 2012
having read the previous books I just had to have the next in the serious and I wasn't disappointed and excellent read. thank you
on 21 January 2016
I enjoyed this book very my much. Not the best of the series so far but still good. Worth a read for fans of the genre/series
on 17 August 2013
My eldest loves this series and was gushing over others in the series so I am all too happy to encourage his reading.
on 1 April 2013
Good book took slightly longer to get into though. Needs a bit more of a complicated storyline as is a bit too basic