on 7 December 2015
This last chapter of Ender' saga is for sure entertaining and fun.
Although the story closes many of the storylines started in the other books, some of them were left hanging, maybe waiting for a book never written.

The book is not at the level of the first Ender's game but if you like the characters, you will surely enjoy it.
on 11 January 2018
From the stunning first novel, each book in the series has been progressively worse. This book plods and winds without ever really engaging, the Aiua whilst initially an interesting concept is unworthy of a book dedicated almost entirely to the mundanities of it's existence. If Ender can make a body just by thinking of one outside, just make another spare and problem solved!
on 24 April 2017
The imagination of the author is remarkable,the plot is complex,yet it is brought together at the end,is it believable,yes,it requires patience to fully grasp the plot,it is very much for sci fi readers of some experience,and would reveal more on a second excursion,wonderful ! !
on 13 October 2010
A little less rambling than the first one, but I would still much prefer the storyline to be tighter rather than giving way to the self indulgent waffling from the author that crops up in between the good bits. However there were just enough good bits to keep my interest and there was more of an element of science fiction and mystery to this than in 'Xenocide'. Some good ideas definitely but they could have been explored a little further. The novel works best for me when it concentrates more on the psychological aspects than the philosophical ones including all the political stuff and religious stuff which I really didn't find that interesting. However the character studies and questionmarks worked better but it was hard to sympathise with a lot of them as they appeared to be so selfish. Still not up to 'Ender's Game' standard yet.
on 30 June 2017
Although a radical departure from the series beginnings Enders Game, the follow on series raises some serious philosophical questions about human nature. Highly recommended and extremely rewarding.
on 10 October 2015
I had read the earlier three Ender books and really enjoyed them. For some reason unknown to me I just could not get into this story. I read half the book and gave up.
on 27 September 2013
Although the third novel Xenocide did have loose ends, I felt it provided a satisfactory conclusion to the Ender saga. Yes the fleet was on route to annihilate the colony, but the threat of Xenocide was over and that's all that really mattered. Therefore I felt a fourth novel was somewhat unnecessary.

Children of the Mind ties up these loose ends and provides closure to the character of Ender and his fellow colonists. Overall I am satisfied with the way in which it does this, although the book (especially the first half) contains much philosophic waffling and dull inner dialogue. Having said that, the story still leaves some plot threads dangling which I suspect will eventually be wrapped up in the final Bean novel.
on 7 February 2018
Difficult to put down
on 10 March 2014
I thought the plot jumped too much, I skimmed the majority that followed Peter as I found that sub section incredibly dull. After the fight to save the piggies, I thought the rest fell too easily into place.
It's a good read, it's interesting to the core. I found a few of the characters ludicrous and totally unlikeable ie Quara.
I'd read it again on a rainy dull day.
on 28 March 2014
You can't read Xenocide without reading this. They should never have been split into two books.
Still, as far as book series go. This is a fitting ending to the Ender Saga and a sense of "I'm done with this Universe." appeared in my mind.
That being said. It is by no means as gripping as Ender's Game.