Customer reviews

on 21 April 2014
This whole series is dangerous. ..start the first one in the series and you loose whole days following the group from beginning to end. What fantastic characters are made and I think Rachel Aaron has managed to make each of the main characters whole and the reader wanting to know more. Although I am very happy with the complete and satisfied feeling I have of the end of the series I'd love to hear more of their adventures. ...I'm sure there must be more...well they are in my head anyway.
3 people found this helpful
on 4 March 2013
This collects the final 2 Eli Monpress books.

The storyline takes a turn for the more serious and dark, a departure from the somewhat lighthearted earlier books.
Everyones pasts are revealled - with occasional cosmic consequences.

The series continues to up the stakes and leads to an ultimate confrontation with the very forces of creation.
The stakes are the continues existence of the world itself.

Very satisfying conclusion to a series that has improved with every story.
Much darker and more serious than the earlier books.
on 10 December 2016
If you enjoyed the first book go out and get this one. It follows the first story but takes things to the next level and explains further the background of all the characters which was missing in the first books and often only hinted at.
on 27 September 2017
This is the second time I've read this series and, just as in the first reading about a year ago it was a 'readathon' a week of minimal sleep, ready meals and absolutely no housework! I would rank this writer with the likes of Robin Hobbs, Lois McMaster Bujold,Richard Crawford and the old Stainless Steel Rat books by Harry Harrison
on 17 September 2014
I couldn't put this book down, which make me stay awake until early hours, twitching and anxious at each page turned. To be honest I am so glad it finally finished, I don't think I could take much more.
This was a brilliant set of books, beautifully woven, with a great set of characters, a brilliant storyline, and thanks the Powers (or the spirits?), it's finished.
There.
on 12 April 2014
Like the first three books (which I got as an omnibus edition) I enjoyed this all the way through. Eli's background was filled in as were his sidekicks and once again there were good antagonists - though I did find it hard to have any sympathy for them.
on 2 July 2013
Excellent book, stories zip along. Well produced book, good printing. Only small drawback - it's 2 inches thick. But having the two
books in one volume is more economical and as the second book starts exactly where the first one leaves off it helps to have the
two stories together.
on 10 February 2013
I was recommended the first few books of the Eli series several months ago, and I found them all, including these, to be excellent.

Its an interesting premise and, I found at least, throughly enjoyable throughout.
on 16 September 2015
Enjoyed this as it is a more lighthearted fantasy read, well written
on 21 November 2015
Arrived in good time, satisfied with purchase.