Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 August 2014
Living with the Dead is about Robyn, who's a human thrust into the supernatural world. Personally, I loved this book as it had an interesting plot, great characters and some humour.

Kelley Armstrong keeps up the good work continuing the stories of characters old and new. She keeps you reading on by feeding you major details little by little, thus keeping you in suspense until the big reveal at the end. I found the "villain" rather sly and conniving, which left me loving her badass qualities! More over, I thought it was interesting seeing the supernatural world from the point of view of those without any knowledge of the supernatural world and also from someone with powers who has no clue of the supernatural world.

Although, not the best book in the series, I thought it was much better than Personal Demon (book 8) and has rekindled my love for the Otherworld. Definitely another great instalment in this series!
on 2 June 2013
After reading bad reviews on this book, I started reading it, expecting to be confused and disappointed with it.
Well, I was gripped, I did not find it confusing, in fact this is one of the authors best stories.
I enjoyed the introduction of new people into the series and found it thoroughly spellbinding, I especially love the way Kelly keeps in touch with all the favourite characters, just a mention of of them all but enough to let you know they are all linked.
Loved this book, loved the new characters, and thought the way it jumps from character narration to character narration was brilliant
on 30 June 2009
Was a bit worried that this new title in the Series would be getting a little staid - same plot etc like the Anita Blake books...But have managed to keep on with this one. The different characters in Kelley Armstrong's books are just as interesting to read about as the main characters - Elena, Clay, Jeremy - and I like how Kelley gives them their own book, interesting lives, friends, powers.
Look forward to reading the next one in the series. Although not sure which characters are left to talk about now!
on 26 February 2010
I'm a bit confused, having read & been a fan of KA for a long while I really enjoyed LWTD, I thought the portrayal of Hope was different than Personal Demon & Karl had been toned down to a "little bit more humane".

This book kept me on my toes & I found it difficult to foretell the future events & thoroughly enjoyed the chase, the introduction of Finn I think points to a future roll in KA books & look forward to it.

I personally can't wait for the Next Hope Adams instalment.
on 20 April 2011
I enjoyed that the book was written from several points of view, it kept it interesting for me.

This book broke from the norm by having a fully human protagonist, Robyn. There was plenty of action, although I found the reasons for the multiple murders shallow and unconvincing.

The overall action in the book made up for this though, and the ending hinted at something big coming in the Otherworld....
on 24 March 2011
i started reading woman of the otherworld when i ran out of vampire acadamy books and got totally hooked, you have everything from vamps to wearwolves and guosts to ppl who see them to angels and all the storys link to one an other, brilliant storys with nail biting parts to tears running down your face funny, love lust and sneaky games,murder mystery to crime solving YOU wont be disappointed :-)
on 15 April 2014
I had been enjoying these books, but I feel this one like the last one had lost some of the intrigue, the characters are bland and feel you don't get to know them like the earlier characters, the story was good but not gripping, I did finish the book and enjoyed it but felt let down a little as KA books are usually full of excitement and loveable characters.
on 22 April 2009
I was so looking forward to reading this, I have really enjoyed all of Kelley's books. But this one I found hard to get into, the plot not that interesting and the charactor boring. I think it is time to get back to the werewolves and witches! Or maybe some vampires? I am glad I read it to keep up with the series. But if you haven't read them all, I wouldn't recommend. Sorry.
on 19 April 2015
Another enjoyable volume in this series. I was unsure about it when I read the teaser chapter at the end of the previous book, but I liked the full book although I do think some of the earlier books had a bit more zest. If you've got this far in the series, you know what they're about so I'll keep this short.
on 28 April 2009
Just as good as the rest of the series - although I did find it hard to keep up with so many new characters being introduced! May just be me having a blonde moment but other than that really good! All the same action, romance and mystery that I love from Kelley Armstrong's books - can't wait for the next one :)