Customer reviews

Industrial Magic (Otherworld)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 December 2004
"Industrial magic" is the fourth book in Kelley Armstrong's "Women of the Otherworld" series, and you are highly likely to enjoy it a lot, specially if you read the others before. "Bitten", "Stolen" and "Dime store magic" introduce you to a world where magic and the supernatural are just part of everyday life. "Industrial magic" just takes you further into it...
As you know, in "Dime store magic" Paige, a witch, had to fight for the custody of a young girl named Savannah. In order to do that she had to face a powerful Cabal, which is a mafia-like organization of sorcerers. Should I tell that witches and sorcerers aren't exactly on good terms?. And that Paige got to meet her new boyfriend Lucas, a sorcerer/lawyer, in the process of gaining Savannah's custody?.
In this book we get to see Paige and Lucas living together, and trying to keep Lucas's father, powerful Cabal leader Benicio Cortez, at a distance. The problem is that Benicio wants Lucas to assume the place of heir to the Cortez Cabal, despite being his youngest son, illegitimate, and the proud owner of quixotic tendencies that take him to endorse causes against the Cabal. Benicio loves his son, so he decides that asking for Lucas and Paige's help in an investigation involving the assault on a young witch (daughter of a Cortez Cabal employee) is a good way to approach him.
Clearly, both are very tempted to say no to Benicio's offer, but soon enough they realise that the assault is related to quite a few assassinations of other teenagers that belong to Cabal's families, and possibly to a supernatural killer. After that, can Paige and Lucas really say no?.
In "Industrial magic" we get to meet again our favourite werewolves (Elena, Clay and Jeremy), some of the vampires we already met (Cassandra and Aaron) and a few others, more half- demons and shamans, and even a necromancer. Also, we learn a lot more about the different Cabals and their inner struggles, about Lucas' dysfunctional family and Paige's attempts to come to terms with it. Of course, that isn't easy for her: how would you feel if your prospective brother-in-law had tried to kill you?.
So far, the first two books in the "Women of the Otherworld" series were centered on the werewolf Pack (through Clay and Elena's story), and the other two were centered on witches and sorcerers (through Lucas and Paige's story). I'm eager to read more from all of them, so Kelley Armstrong please write the other books in the series quickly :)
If you want to know more about the books I already mentioned, future release dates, or prequels to the novels in the series (available for free in Armstrong's website), visit [...] and you won't be disappointed.
On the whole, I believe this book is really great, and quite original. I heartily recommend it to you, if you like to mix the supernatural/ horror theme with a little bit of romance and a whodunit.
Belen Alcat
on 16 June 2014
This is the final instalment of 'The Women of the Otherworld' and I had always dreaded the series ending but after reading '13' I am glad it has come to a end. As with the previous two books, Savannah is the main character and despite a huge change in her life, she has not changed for the better.

The redeeming feature of the book was Elena, Clay, Jeremy, Paige and Lucas, I enjoyed reading their points of view. The book has a lot of excitement which is good and keeps you entertained. The downside is the changes to a character which are very sudden changes which I found frustrating.

I am glad I read 'The Women of the Otherworld' and I will re~read the earlier books but not the later books.
on 25 August 2011
I recieved this book incrediably fast and was very pleased, after reading bitten and stolen (previous books in the triology) i didnt think this could match the werewolf comunity, but i was pleasently surprised i have ordered the next books in the series i cant wait till i recieve them!!! happy reading :)
on 23 April 2017
Fantastic book. The whole series is amazing and Kelley Armstrong doesn't let up on the twists and turns guaranteed to keep you turning pages til the ending
on 20 January 2014
I love the series and I cannot wait for the next one.
I also love how quickly it is downloaded for me.
I am truly inspired. thank you so much
on 27 July 2014
I will miss this series so much. It was good time to go but i will be sad that we don't get to see what goes on.
on 6 May 2017
Most enjoyable . Following the lives of all the otherworld people in one story after another great. Reading others a as fast as possible.
on 20 August 2016
Would recommend to all who are fans of this series excellent continuity and bring all characters together as well as new ones
on 5 October 2017
A good ending to a fab series, a lot more action than usual - would make a great mini series
on 28 May 2017