on 14 May 2013
This is a lovely book. It is written well and is easy to follow. The recipes make sense as does the diet. However... I tried to buy the ingredients for a few days elimination diet and found that the ingredients are extremely difficult to buy in Herefordshire or Worcestershire. I can get them on-line but then the cost rockets. I have adapted some of the recipes though and this has been successful. The vegan and other healthy recipes are fab too but I am waiting for some sunshine to bring on the availability of some of the vegetables.
on 15 August 2013
Best recipe book ever!! The recipes are so simple and delicious... I'm passionate about food and health and this is full of easy yummy ideas... It really has re-inspired me in the kitchen. I've bought so many cook books in the past and barely made a thing from them, I have used "it's all good" every day since receiving it a few weeks ago... And I'm not even eating meat... The vege, fish, breakfast and sweet sections are fabulous.
Incredible book, I now want to buy copies for all my friends and family.
on 12 May 2014
When I ordered this I was concerned that there would be a large quota of weirdo inaccessible ingredients, but it is not that bad! Lots of the recipes are not too difficult and most of what I have tried has been tasty - I am morphing into Gwyneth as we speak (I wish!). Lots of pictures of her looking good which if you follow her recipes will obviously happen to you.... My one complaint is that this book is not a recipe for a happy marriage now that she and Chris Martin have broken up.
on 10 July 2013
I've been trying to eat a higher protein, low carb diet and so this book seemed perfect. And frankly, who wouldn't want to look like Gwyneth, gleaming with health on the front cover.

The recipes are highly nutritious and based on the principles behind Dr Alejandro Junger's Clean Program which focuses on lean protein. Many of the recipes are, or could be vegan - there are no dairy products, but they occasionally use goat's or sheep's milk yoghurt, and although eggs are featured (An Egg, Three Ways), they're not incorporated into the recipes. Any carbs that appear (mainly in the chapters on Grains and Sweet Tooth) are wholegrain and gluten-free.

Obvious as it sounds, what you want from a recipe book is that everything is delicious and it all works. I've been cooking from It's All Good almost every day for almost 3 months and it is and it does.

What elevates It's All Good from most cookery books is not just the stunning photos of food and Gwyneth, but the sauces and dressings. A salad for lunch no longer seems a bleak prospect topped with Green Goddess Dressing. Some of the simplest dishes are sublime: Go-To Black Beans, Tomato Sauce, Guacamole - easy perfection.

There's quite a bit of meat -mainly chicken and fish; as I'm vegetarian I've adapted these dishes using tofu, beans and quorn.

The language is odd at times (crazy good fish tacos, season aggressively) and it is very American. So a) you need a lot of ingredients that don't grow here and b) it's full of things we don't have a clue about (poblanos, piquillos, ponzu and posole). So you'll need to grab a set of American measuring cups and have Google on hand.

I found the children's section cute but it didn't really work for me and my three year old daughter. She rejected Frozen Pops, Chocolate Brownies and Banana Ice Cream on the grounds that they didn't contain a shed-load of sugar; she saw through Rice Cream Sundaes (rice with stuff she won't eat) and refused to try Vegan Shepherd's Pie (lentils with cauliflower mash). All 5 times it was served up. In cupcakes.

Still, it is, indeed, not good, but frankly, brilliant. Shepherd's Pie anyone?
on 29 May 2015
What I like about Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook is that the recipes are all easy and quick. Some of the other similar books have some amazing recipes but the are time consuming and require all sorts of special items. This book is very accessible and I pick it more than the others because the recipes are so easy and quick.
Pro: Quick and easy healthy recipes that taste great
Con: Would like to have seen a few more photos of the recipes and a few less of Gwyneth Paltrow
on 6 April 2013
Gwyneth is very confused about what contains gluten and what does not. Also she does not seem to understand allergies, intolerencies and Coeliac Disease. Some recipes seem OK but some are not at all useful, but then same can be said for most cook books except most cook book are not quite so full of the author
on 5 April 2013
There are some interesting and worthwhile recipes in this book which is somewhat over endowed with pictures of the lady herself, however it IS written for the American market so some ingredients may not be available here at all. Others need translation e.g. Cilantro = Coriander and Aragula = Rocket. I just Google such things.
I do think that if publishers of Cookery Books intend them for multi country distribution this should be taken into consideration. But don't be put off - I suspect that no-one has cooked every recipe in a Delia Smith cook book and I can't wait to try some of these.
on 3 April 2014
Nice recipes. Not sure if the measuring is right for British people though. I have bought american measuring cup, as I thought it would be easier. For example the amount of oil in the tuna dish still looked as I would have put half of bottle of oil. So if you keep in mind to half the amount of oil in the recipes ( as it supposed to be healthy cooking) you might find that the food is really nice.
on 30 April 2013
Although the ingredients work out pretty expensive, I am still about to start my Detox week and most of my family are doing it with me. It is full of easy recipes and I feel is a great book to either detox or just eat healthy food once or twice a week that tastes great! Would definitely recommend.
on 15 July 2013
I got this as a birthday present, and I love it to bits! The recipes are simple enough for a student like myself who is not very familiar with food other than those of the Asian variety. They're very delicious and healthy too. However, sometimes, it is quite difficult to source ingredients and some of them are not very economical. Overall, I would recommend this to family and friends!