on 11 February 2017
Bought this book as it was really inexpensive and I absolutely love it, love the story of Gwyneth's beginnings from ill health right through to her receipes and basic cooking skills. Not only a lovely coffee table book but great ideas and recipes too. I am going to buy another one of her books now.
on 30 March 2015
I brought this book because I am gluten and wheat intolerant and there are quite a few recipes that looked good with this in mind.
There are some nice recipes in this book but she hasn't given a lot of thought to her British readers (which is surprising given that she lived here on and off for some time) She uses quite a few hard to find ingredients and some terminology that relates more to the American market.
As you would expect a lot of emphasis is based on healthy food which appealed to me particularly with my dietry requirements and generally it is a good book if you have the time to source the ingredients.
on 5 November 2015
Although I can't believe I have a Gwyneth Paltrow cookbook on my shelf, it's the book I use the most - it has more food splatters & dog ears than any other cookbook in my groaning cookbook shelf & ive given it as gifts to all my friends & family. Definitely worth getting over any GP prejudices for - this ones a keeper!
on 25 October 2014
I have to say, although some of the prep is time consuming for me (a working mum) I do FEEL so much better eating this way. I didn't need to lose weight but I did want to eat healthy and cut out wheat and cow dairy which exacerbates my skin condition. It is worth the time and care sourcing ingredients because once you get used to eating like this it becomes easier to cook and think this way.
on 24 April 2017
Really easy to follow recipes you'll love cooking!
on 17 January 2014
I bought this book for my daughter, who's totally into good food cooking. This book is not just a recipe book, but has references to why certain foods are good for you....and my daughter loved it. five start, totally worth the money.Great packaging, arrived promptly...always pleased with Amazon!
on 1 May 2014
I really like this cook book. It's very easy and very healthy. Especially the menus options at the end of the book.
I really recommend this book to people who want to eat healthily. Tasty food as well and pretty book overall! MIght buy her other cook book as well!
on 4 May 2015
Not a brilliant book. Ok if you dont have a big appetite. Few recipes are good but mot enough make it worth the purchase sadly.
on 30 November 2013
Love the layout, especially the photos. I have tried a few recipes and they are good and simple but there is quite a lot of writing. It compares with Hugh Fearlessly Eats It All books for general interest. You can learn so much more than just a cook book from both of these.
on 1 May 2014
Great cook book, full of interesting information on food, ingredients etc. once you have sourced and stocked some of the ingredients it's a pleasure to cook these recipes as you know how healthy and good for you they will be.