Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 April 2017
Writing a biographical insight into an extremely complex genius like Steve Jobs was never going to be easy, but this is surely the best one, even if it gets a bit laboured at times. It's seeks to capture the highs and lows, successes and failures of Jobs business and personal life and as such is a fascinating read.
on 21 May 2017
Honestly, it took me a while to read this but Isaacson has done an incredible job, covering every aspect, speaking to numerous sources and showing us the truth behind the immensely talented and troubled man.
on 14 June 2017
One of the most inspiring and thought provoking books I have ever read
on 27 February 2017
As a huge Apple fan I was really excited to read this. I did find that it was a bit slow around the middle of the first half however it really picked up at the end and it was great to look back and remember all things Steve achieved , I really recommend this book if you like all things tech!
on 24 November 2015
What a great insight into the genius of Steve Jobs, a real warts and all type look into the life of an icon. I had my own preconceptions about Mr Apple until I read this and I get a great insight into all the sides of him. Great read!!
on 18 April 2017
Some interesting parts to the book and some insights into Jobs. Moments of inspiration too and quite enjoyable in part.
on 29 April 2017
really enjoying this. It's quite detailed. The style is about right, not too trying to be posh but not too friendly either.
on 3 May 2017
Very much enjoyed reading this book. What a genius man. Was really sad when coming to the end of the book.
on 19 May 2013
While the tech world is not a place i feel at home it's was the fact the book was a biography that led to be interested. There were a few occasions I found it held my attention less, e.g. When detailing the company's pre and early formative years. Loved the nuggets of information about the person of Jobs and the company and products - they led to reflections of self and others. The most meaningful insight for me was the drive towards simplicity (and brevity) and how that culminated in much more user friendly experiences. I've often struggled to understand the "less is more" adage but in reading about Jobs and apple and its products I feel I have learnt something about what this means.
on 6 April 2017
People should focus on geniuses like Steve Jobs or be inspired and feel creative. I love his sentence About craziness.