Old Filth (Old Filth Trilogy 1)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 January 2016
A very different type of story. Once I got used to the style of writing, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. There were many insightful passages which I found thought provoking. A good read.
on 19 February 2014
Just loved this from beginning to end! I came to it after The Man With the Wooden Hat - which is the wrong way round, but that didn't matter. Can't wait for the last volume to come out.
on 28 January 2014
I loved the way this book was constructed. I never knew what I was going to find out next. A really interesting and lovely read. I'll be getting the other two parts of the trilogy now.
on 9 December 2015
An easy read and a fascinating story. I thought that reading about an elderly man at the end of his life might be a bit depressing but the details of his life story were fascinating.
on 3 December 2013
A well crafted, complex and lovely story that reminds me of the Remains of the Day in atmosphere. Gentle and sad in places but always instructive. A really good read.
on 21 March 2014
History long forgotten how many Rajha orphans was their?
Great story enjoyed all the characters.
Will be referring the book to the office book club.
on 28 August 2013
riveting story - have just finished second book in the series of three and am excited about reading the last book.
Book arrived quickly and in good order.
on 28 December 2013
I have just discovered Jane Gardam and in my opinion her books are marvellous. I have already bought her newest book
Last Friends and read it in a day.
on 15 June 2013
A classic. My old copy went missing in a house move, so I bought another, re-read it after some years and found it even better than the first time round.
on 25 February 2014
Beautifully written and so descriptive you can feel and smell Asia. Having lived through much of the era Filth covers, it brings back memories.
Alan