Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 September 2017
Im a huge Horror fan but this leaves Stephen King, H.P Lovecraft and Wilkie Collins in the dust, I really dont want to give away the remarkable and original plot but just when you think you know, where the stories going it twists and just when you revaulate where you think its going to go and how its going to end it twists again the wasp factory has a sting in its tale that you will never forget.
Warning Not For People With a Weak Stomach and a Nervous Disposition!!!!!!!!!
on 4 August 2017
Read this one before and bought this for my daughter. It's disturbing and explores nature and nurture upbringing.
on 7 April 2015
I've had this book since 2009 but never managed to get past the first couple of chapters. Maybe I need to get a kindle or get the audio books. The first chapter was pretty interesting yet gruesome. I'll have to try attempting to read it again for the 'nth time.
on 11 September 2017
Great book, definitely should pickup, although better suited for older readers.
on 22 May 2017
My daughter was very please. Was for her english exam
on 24 May 2017
If you haven't read this yet you need to drop everything and click buy!
My first reading of the book and the man barely passed away. This book is mesmerising in its imagination and execution. I now only has 28 to go.
christopher donohue
on 11 June 2017
It's one of those books where your into the story d
Straight away.
on 19 May 2017
Interesting read! Give it a try, I definetly enjoyed it
on 31 July 2013
I know Iain Banks is no longer around to defend himself, and I am sure for his many fans he is a loss, but in 20 years of trying I only ever finished one of his books, and I abandoned this one three quarter way through. The prose is at best workaday, the characters poorly developed, the plot unbelievable. Most of IB's works remind me of being back at school when the boys would submit essays full of violant mob scenes and poorly realised space operas - Banks never got beyond that stage.