on 23 November 2017
An exceptionally interesting book, particularly for someone who was born in the capital but no longer lives there. It takes but an instant for memories to be evoked! One of the better books on London and a must have companion to The London Encyclopaedia.
on 8 March 2014
This entertaining volume is about the diverse subterranean goings on through the stratus of history that is London, it's style is jaunty and entertaining and at the same time educational in a way that makes you learn but not realise you're learning,because you are having too much fun to notice!
I couldn't put it down.
Recommended reading, even if you don't usually read this subject matter!
You will be educated and entertained by this excellent book!
on 27 June 2012
As a Londoner I found the under-belly revealed in this book utterly fascinating. I turned my pages wanting to learn more and more. There is so much hidden London under our feet and it will give me a totally different prespective the next time I walk the pavements knowing what lies beneath me.
on 2 December 2015
Bought this for my husband. He found it very informative and extremely interesting.
on 5 August 2015
Interesting concept but it loses focus at points and rambles off topic too much for my liking.
on 22 February 2014
Read the original book several times, liked it so much I gave it to a friend and bought another copy!.
on 17 December 2014
Not at all as good as I was expecting
on 4 April 2009
The book is fascinating but it is not an easy read. Lots of interesting tidbits, but I found myself having to re-read several bits as I stopped really paying attention. Best if you are in a mood to really think, not light enough if you are not willing to concentrate.
on 12 December 2014
Fascinating, would like to have time to go there!
on 15 January 2016
Excellent and very enjoyable!