on 29 October 2017
I had previously read "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell which is brilliant. This earlier book though has some good content , for me is too padded with waffle.
on 2 February 2012
I've read a number of Malcolm Gladwell's books and they are fascinating - they really force you to think differently. The Tipping Point was no exception in that regard.

There is one point he makes in the book, however, which I definitely cannot buy into - he claims that kids are far more impacted by their peer group than their parents. He further claims that parenting has very little impact on the "outcome" of the child.

My personal experience (25 years of parenting) and years of observation of other families and their kids tells me otherwise. In fact good parenting by definition involves keeping an eye on the peer group!!

Christine Brown-Quinn
Step Aside Super Woman: Career & Family is for Any Woman, Co-Founder of Women in Business Superseries,Founder of The Female Capitalist
on 11 September 2014
With these set of books - I would really recommend you read BLINK first, TIPPING POINT second and last but not least Outliers: The Story of Success. You should read Unleash the Warrior by Richard Macrowicz with Blink - you will get so much out of these any of the other self help books that say they can help. In my opinion I have never come across any self help books - and I can talk as I have a lot hundreds and have to say that the ones I have listed here have helped me the most and has made sense and I am able to use material and techniques in these books to achieve a lot of my goals i.e. personal and business. JUST AMAZING**************** The other I would recommend is The E Myth
on 29 May 2015
Excellent book if you're just interested in learning about the factors which go into ideas and things going viral or otherwise becoming popular, but not especially in depth if you're hoping to apply this theory commercially in your business. A good starting point. Definitely worth buying if you're just interested in the subject matter though. Even if it does go off on tangents a little bit, they are all still related at the deep concept level to the main thrust of the book and are equally interesting asides in their own right.

This book definitely broadened my appreciation for the subject matter and was interesting and engaging throughout.
on 16 August 2015
As there are a number of reviews I'll keep this short. It is a very interesting book and it would be good if the author produced a revised version of this book detailing his views of how social media affects the powers of or the frequency of his 'connectors'
on 22 January 2018
I love the writings of Gladwell. Brimming with ideas, thoughts and theories that make you think, review and occasionally revise your thinking/beliefs.
on 16 October 2017
Nice and easy reading book. It makes you think out of the box. Would recommend
on 14 January 2018
Good read like all of Malcolm Gladwells work.
on 28 May 2016
good
on 3 March 2016
As an introduction to Gladwell I found the book stimulating. A little repetitive though