on 5 May 2014
Was recommended by a friend I bought for my Amazon Kindle to download, was nothing like I was expecting, but was excellent story, didnt want to stop reading it big FAB :)
on 31 May 2012
I only discovered Christopher Brookmyre's books in 2011 and I've been hunting them out ever since I read the first, Quite Ugly One Morning. I'm so glad he is as prolific as he is. One Fine Day is the funniest book I've read in 20 years. As one carefully plotted disastrous event leads to another the unlikliest 'everyday' heroes and heroines start to emerge at the school reunion. His writing is intelligent and humourous, and this is a fast-paced action movie waiting to be filmed. Absolutely brilliant. Just can't get enough!
on 4 April 2014
I've not yet read a book by Christopher Brookmyer that I haven't liked. They are often dark and violent in parts but they also make me laugh and this one is no exception
on 9 December 2011
I have read all of Brookmyres books and this is possibly the best. Humour, action and a great story means you won't want to put this down. If you have enjoyed the authors other books and haven't read this one yet....What are you waiting for!!
on 24 February 2015
If you don't read anything else this year, read this book, absolutely fabulous. Brilliant story and once you start you just can't stop
on 5 November 2015
great product well packed prompt delivery Thanks!
on 12 February 2014
This is the best comedy drama to come out of Scotland since Macbeth. What do you mean that wasn't a comedy? It was Scottish history rewritten by an Englishman. This is Comedy written by a St Mirren supporter. Muff said.
on 28 October 2017
Class. Invokes memories and good humour with a classic whodunnit.
on 3 July 2017
Funniest book IN A LONG TIME
on 8 March 2014
Didn't expect to enjoy this one (bookclub choice) but ended up being won over by
the author's eye for character detail and his ability to bring them alive amidst the mayhem
so that the reader does care about what happens to them - and, yes, I did find myself
laughing