Customer reviews

Diary of a Crush: Sealed With a Kiss: Number 3 in series
Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 August 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love Sarra Manning. There hasn't been a book of hers yet that I haven't completely loved and this book is no exception.

It has been a bit of a bumpy ride up until this point for Edie and Dylan. They've broken up and fought more times than I can remember and they've also done enough kissing to equal that amount too. The thing is, even though Edie and Dylan have had a very rough time of it, I have been hoping for the best for them since the very beginning. Sometimes I don't think they should be together but for the most part, they're just too perfect for each other for me not to hope.

In this final instalment of the trilogy, Edie and Dylan are finally a couple that aren't fighting and they're all loved up and happy. Now that Edie has a gap year ahead of her, she can start saving up for the road trip of a lifetime across America with Dylan. But, that's nearly a whole year away at the beginning of the book and in the meantime there is work to do, band rehearsals to attend and a whole load of other crazy goings on. Sealed with a Kiss has a great plot and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

In the lead up to the road trip, Edie and Dylan show just how far they have come as a couple. Although much more sweet and loved up then before, the chemistry is still crystal clear to see. The first pages with them together made me remember just how much I loved seeing these characters together and I was so thankful to see them have a pretty smooth ride for a while in this book. However, Sarra Manning does what she does best too here - she throws in some exciting twists and turns to make Edie and Dylan question everything they have.

Something I have loved about the other two books is Edie's relationship with her girlfriends. She's such a fun and quirky character and comes with a whole host of others just as crazy as she is. In Sealed with a Kiss, we get to see more of some of the quieter characters which was nice. There are a lot of loud personalities in this book so it was great to have something a bit different this time around. There are also a couple of new boy characters introduced but they weren't as good as some previous characters for me.

Strangely, Diary of a Crush (as a trilogy) doesn't really have an ending. However, I didn't mind this at all which I was a bit surprised about. Certain things are wrapped up nicely and in this third book, there is a nice end to the plot. But, nothing is especially clear about the ending for Edie and Dylan. The reason why I liked it is because it gives the reader chance to imagine the ending for themselves. Did they live happily ever after or did they break up once Edie went off to university. Even with things being left open, there was still a nice sense of closure as a reader.

Sealed with a Kiss was a great end to the trilogy for me and I can't recommend this series enough
on 30 September 2009
Personally i dont normally go for Teen books. I find them all too stereotypical. However Diary of a crush was an extremely pleasent surprise i borrowed them from my best friend a while back to read on holiday and i LOVED them. The story is thrilling and i was eager to learn more of what happened between Dylan and Edie's relationship. Sealed with a kiss was by far my favorite of the 3 It was funny, sad, exciting and filled with those moments that make you wish you had your own Dylan!

Definately reccomended, Don't be put off by the Young Adult rating it is a fantastic book that almost any age group would enjoy!
on 22 May 2007
simply brilliant....sadly this is the last book....i wished it could have gone on forever....i will miss edie and dylan!....and their messed up relationship.....these are my fav teen romance novels......the most -unputdownable- books ever!...BUY THIS TRIOLOGY RIGHT NOW!
on 22 February 2012
I am really pleased with the book I recieved, it's in really good condition and near perfect apart from the library stickers and a slight dent on the back of the book but really good. The delivery was really quick too. Great buy!
on 19 August 2011
I think this book was great. It isn't a book where you have to think a lot while reading. Therefore you read through it pretty quickly. Edie and Dylan have pretty much stolen my heart!
on 25 December 2013
Read this when I was 13/14 I'm 20 now and I still adore this book. He's the reason I love the name Dylan still to this day, the first book I truly fell in love with
on 18 January 2016
Absolutely love this book from my teenage years when it was first published in J17! So glad to have found it again!
on 25 December 2013
I have been reading this series since I was 14! And I am still completely obsessed with Edie and Dylan!!!!
on 30 January 2005
Thes books are amazing 3 of the best books i have ever read. i got so excited and could not wait to find wat would happen between dylan and edie next. Even though Dylans a moody git id still love to find someone just like him!!! Im not really a big book reader but i got addicted to these books sad or wat? But i garuntee u if u read them you will be to. I just wish there was a fourth one!
on 15 January 2006
If you enjoyed diary of a crush book 1 and book 2 then you will love this one. It is about Edie and Dylan taking a trip to America, on the way they have to deal with all the ups and downs about going on a road trip together. They start the trip as a couple but do they end it as one?. You will have to read the book to find out!!!.