on 6 April 2017
Quick to read and filled with practical, common sense. This guide puts healthy habits within reach of all, and brings hope to those of has who don't do gyms - or regular exercise - and want to get back that feeling of invincible potential they last had in their teens.
on 22 June 2017
I was hoping to get some inspiration for new exercises to do at home that would be challenging, well this certainly ticked the box! Hard exercises that push you and that you feel the next day. Plenty of new exercises - for me - that I shall use regularly.
on 14 November 2017
He has a powerful message for women who want to develop inner strength and self love through improving their physical strength and competence, and I love his voicing: it’s like having a no-nonsense guy friend by your side. But in the end I’m going with the men’s version, which starts at a level that anyone ready for some strenuous exercise, male or female, should be able to manage.
on 15 October 2015
Great book. So informative and it works.
on 1 April 2016
Very interesting read with good information of exercise
on 13 March 2017
Easy to follow,just need to do it
on 28 January 2016
An excellent workout book. I am a 59 year old twice-weekly gym goer. I take part in a fast circuit training class and to be honest, I am slightly more toned and fitter than before I started but my body still carries excess fat. I read this book and was highly motivated to get in there and give it a go. I like the fact that there was an evaluation module first so that you can start the program at the appropriate point for yourself which means that the workout is tailor made for the individual and progression can be easily measured by the fact that you move at your own pace through gradually more difficult exercises. I also like that I can make time to do the 3 x 30 minute sessions a week. If I had to commit to everyday in my hectic life it just wouldn't happen. Being ex-military myself, I trust the author's judgement about exercise and would not consider this to be just another fad. the only problem I have is with the nutrition element of the book - I just can't get my head around adding cooked egg whites to meals to up the protein content or to take protein shakes. What happens to all the wasted egg yolks? However, it has made me review my diet which I never considered to be that bad and I am now having things like bulgur wheat, quinoa & wholewheat pasta instead of potatoes and enjoying them.

DON'T BUY THE KINDLE VERSION as you need to be able to get from one page to another quickly until you are totally familiar with what you are doing and it is much easier to stick post-its on the pages you need to refer to in a normal book. I ended up buying the normal book after having already bought the kindle version.
on 21 March 2016
A great concept. I liked it a lot and started the programme. On the third week, during the Let Me In exercise, I was making sure all is stretched from the shoulder blades to the arms... then suddenly I felt piercing pains going though my arms like a flash of lightening. Later I realised I damaged my ligaments/tendons badly. Nearly two years since then, I am still suffering bad tendonitis on my elbows and shoulders. Very painful and requires lots of attention to manage. Of course I don't blame the book or author for my injury at all. It was my lack of understanding of my own body and its limitations. I just wanted to share my experience and raise awareness that body weight (43kg for me) is a very heavy weight to control for your joints and muscles.
on 11 February 2014
I am NOT a gym rat/bunny but realised that now I am in my mid-forties, I need to up the ante to stay in shape, so I bought a few books over the last year. This is the last book I bought, simply because it is clear, tailored to a woman's body and doesn't require hundreds of repetitions (like callanetics does).

And WOW!!! I am into my third week and can already see that my tummy is already flatter, my arms have muscle, and my bingo wings, while not flying away, are definitely a tiny bit smaller every day.

It DOES require a bit of space, but is by far and away the best body weight book I have ever bought. It really does only take minutes a week, and I can feel the difference 24 hours after exercising.

Looking forward to how I'll feel and look in a few weeks' time!!

I LOVE IT!!!
on 26 May 2015
Difficult to follow would not recommend it