TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 19 January 2016
I actually bought this book over 2 years ago because I completely love the Fever series and had to have every possible story available but since I've never really been a big fan of graphic novels I kind of stuck it on a shelf and never got around to reading it. Then recently friends introduced me to Saga (amazing graphic novel series BTW!) and I realised that I do quite like GNs after all, add that in with a Fever series reread and of course I had to FINALLY read Fever Moon.

I'm going to admit that it took me a little while to get used to the artist's idea of Mac and Barrons, they just aren't how I pictured them but that's the trouble when you go from a normal book series where you've spent years filling in the blanks with your own imagination to a graphic novel set in the same world where you're forced to accept the artist's impression. It's a little bit jarring at first (well it was in my case anyway) but there is no denying how beautiful the artwork is in Fever Moon and the characters quickly grew on me. It's not going to change the way I see everyone when I read the main novels but I the cartoon versions are easily recognisable and it was fun spotting so many of the character's I already love.

It's hard to decide exactly where this story fits into the Fever world timeline but it must happen sometime in the middle of events in Shadowfever so I would highly recommend waiting until you've finished that book before picking this up. If you have read Shadowfever you'll recognise the Fear Dorcha that Mac met at the bar in Chester's when she was having a conversation with the dreamy eyed guy and I thought that was a really nice way to tie the two stories together. The Fear Dorcha was a truly creepy villain so I'm glad we got a chance to find out more about him and it was interesting to see the way Mac handled coming so close to losing the people she cared about.

While I wouldn't say it's essential to read this story it is a really nice extra that I'm sure most fans will enjoy. The artwork is fabulous, the story was interesting and fit the graphic novel format really well and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
on 10 March 2013
Great visualisation of the series' characters. I hoper there will be others as well... I'm reading ICED now, and it would be great to have Ryodan's face pictured. All in all - I Loved it!
on 21 January 2013
I was disappointed that the book only lasted four chapters, I would not have bought it had I realised before hand.
on 8 August 2013
Having read the series, I was expecting great things from this, how wrong I was. They managed to bring the ethos of the series to a level of trash that I would expect to find in the most grubby of tabloids.
Story line was half assed and rushed. The characterisation was good but for what it cost, was no where near the standard I was expecting. Read it within an hour and was left annoyed an robbed.
Boo!
on 5 September 2013
It was good nice to see how the author sees the characters in her mind the only down fall is that in my mind jericho barrons is jason momoa not how the graphic novel showed him but we can't have it all!the story is similar to the books and is very in keeping would be great if we could we could see another after the last book to catch up on Mac and jerichos adventures together!
on 7 July 2014
I'm a total fan. What can I say? I love the books though definitely see the faults...Mac is a pain. Fully capable to vulnerable in the blink of an eye...Frustrating and difficult. I love the character. Not quite as much as I love Jericho Barrons though. This graphic novel brings the characters and story alive. Fab.
on 2 August 2012
Just how I imagined the characters would look. Great short story and amazing art! Karen Marie Moning does not disappoint!