Customer reviews

on 16 April 2011
I really like the Helfort series, and bought them one after the other on my Kindle, as soon as I read the one before. I am looking forward to other books in the series. I liked the characters and story line, the space combat seems to be believable, and takes into account the huge distances involved.

If you like action science fiction, then this is a book for you.
on 18 August 2011
Well I thought the characters thin, but the general detail good. The world depth shallow but the plot exciting. It's a good enough page turner I got the next and the next in the series despite reservations: And it is all more of the same but more volumes means deeper-more detailed storyline-world and that being my main grumble, makes it seem better. Characters are all still abit thin and it hangs on 1 man as before. The gripping writting and interesting operational detail makes it worth the investment.

It is better than Pima's 'Galaxy Unknown', on the realism/ credibility side, for all it cannot match the 'big names' of the genre (Moon, Shepperd, Weber, McCaffrey and Bujold), it keeps the pages turning, you'll not want to put it down.