Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 22 February 2008
Okay, so you know all those Navy SEAL themed romance novels that are littering the market now? Ms Brockman is one of the originals (from what I've gathered) and the best writer of this genre bar none. Her writing style is taut and lean but not terse, her characters are complicated and likeable. In addition, her writing is sprinkled with humour - I found myself crackling with laughter at 3:00am in the morning - the book is worth its cover price and more. I loved it, would read again.

I won't rehash what the story is about, but I will say that I appreciated the writer's approach to an interracial romantic relationship (woman Japanese/American the man Caucasian American). One of the best portrayals of IR that I've ever seen in a romance setting.

The book is worth more than four stars - but I hesitate giving it a full five stars because the 'suspense filled part of the plot' doesn't get kicking until about 3/4's way into the book. As much as I enjoyed the read, I found myself thinking, "Okay, I'm waiting on the suspense." The book was more romance than suspense. It's a nitpick, but when I'm promised 'adventure, drama and suspense' I expect it to deliver.

I'm going to buy the rest of her work right now.
on 2 May 2014
Loved this. Read many others by author and seem to prefer the earlier Troubleshooters. This was written 2006. Gutsy, brutal, lovely, happy, funny, witty- all what I felt this book was. There is some romance but this is secondary to all whats going on. This is a book I will reread and be glad to keep in my paper library.
on 27 August 2017
Good thriller as well this one!
on 3 June 2012
The books of troubleshooters vary from one to another. Characters in this one were not my favourite and I was reading this book fro 2 weeks. Not a "grab and read until the end" book but will do if someone wants to track all book heroes met in previous books.
on 22 August 2006
Into the Storm is Mark Jenkins story and what a story it is. The book does not solely focus on the developing romance between Mark and Lindsey but also strengthens the deep bonds and friendships between some of the Seals we have been introduced to before in the earlier books. By the end of this book you are pretty desperate to know how Izzy, Lopez, Gillman, Decker and Dave Malkoffs story will unfold. As for the main couple Brockmann as ever has littered their path to happiness with misunderstanding, murder, jealousy, serial killers and snow!
0Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 August 2016
I just love the troubleshooters series. This one has snappy amusing dialogue to make one laugh despite sinister underlying madman.