Customer reviews

Hard Truth
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 10 February 2008
I'm a big fan of Mariah Stewart but have to admit this is not one of her best. First puzzle for me was on the back cover it stated Lorna Temple, not once during the book (or maybe I missed it!) was her name ever referred to as this. Also seemed to read more about her accountancy business than the actual murders taking place. They seemed to be a distant fact referred to now and then. Don't want to give the game away to those who haven't read the book but the murderer just didn't fit, age was a problem for me especially for those that were killed and disposed of by this person. However all in all not a bad read, but onto the next one.
on 31 May 2007
I had never heard of Mariah Stewart until I was browsing Amazon and read other readers reviews. I decided to buy one of her books and I have to say I was not disappointed. I ended up buying all of her books to date and reading them one ofter the other. I never once got fed up!

What I love about this author is how she starts each book with a new story to tell and new characters but then brings each of those characters into each of her new books. Every character is somehow connected in some way to the others.

Hard Truth was gripping and after reading it in one sitting, couldn't wait to start the next one in the series. Lorna Temple arrives home, after her mother dies, to sell the family farm and ends up on the trail of a killer and to try and find out what happened to her friend who went missing when they were 9 years old. Toss in a hunky PI, his FBI friend and a writer of true crime and it takes them to places Lorna never dreamed of.
on 21 July 2015
really enjoyed this - yet to find a book of hers that I didn't enjoy!