Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 March 2003
Talented storyteller Clare Naylor (who you may know from her amazing books - "Love: A User's Guide" and "Catching Alice") has a new book called "Dog Handling". It's a very sweet, romantic and funny book about all-around perfect gal Liv Elliot. Liv lives in a great place, has a great job and has a great man. Not only is he great - but they are about to be married. However, that's when it all starts to go pear-shaped. Perfect boyfriend Tim calls the whole thing off and Liv is at a loose end. Insert wonderful friend with a wonderful beach house in Australia.
Liv goes off to the beaches in search of a new and wonderful adventure and hopefully to recuperate from her disaster of an engagement. Predictably - but not unwanted - she meets up with a former flame and that's where the book takes off.
I loved the light and romantic aspect of this book. It's not a hard read - it's perfect for summer and I just found Liv to be like all my friends. We may not do it the right way to begin with ---- but we usually figure it out before it's too late.
on 29 June 2002
This is one very funny book. Reminds me of Bridget Jones' Diary and I couldn't put that one down. Everytime I put this one down to do a bit of housework, I would have to go back and see what ridiculous thing Liv got hereslf into. Taking surfing lessons when she had the balance of a hippo on a high wire, or trying to teach Mr. Right a lesson, or arranging her friend's impromtu wedding. Reading about dog handling as preached by two transvestites was the icing on the cake. Even the name for the lingerie business Liv and Alex buy into, "Greta's Grundies" caused me to snarf my cup of tea. (Luckily it was cold.) If you are in the need of cheering up, buy this book. It's better than Prozac.
on 3 May 2002
A funny book. Tries the age old theory that men thrive on a good chase and only want what they can't have. All of the characters are really great. I couldn't put it down. A great beach book.