on 26 November 2016
The advice definitely helped me understand my little one. Learned to let go the control. We sometimes think as parents we own them... But they are individuals of their own and we shouldn't impose our ideologies on our children.
on 11 December 2017
Brilliant book. Has given me loads of ideas about how to connect more creatively and playfully with my child. Best parenting book I have read.
on 14 September 2017
Good read and some really good points. I 've already tired to incorporate some of the games/advice and is working well with my shy but playful 7 year old son
on 30 December 2016
Beautiful book. Actually engrossing, as I breastfeeding feed, and it reminds me to be lighthearted
on 13 July 2014
This book has some very good insight into how children communicate through play. The author makes good points about how important it is to be involved in your child's playtime and offers practical solutions. He has a good style of writing which is informative and passionate about the subject, without being judgemental of the reader.
on 10 July 2017
This has changed my life and approach to parenting.
on 1 April 2017
Great info and easy to read
on 3 July 2016
As a new parent who has not been around kids much in the past decade, I found it awkward to talk, connect and play with kids. Reading this book (and How not to f***k them up and How to talk so kids listen) has helped build my confidence in this area completely.
I am already noticing the difference with my boy - he laughs lots now, I don't loose it over the little things that used to drive me mad - we play and laugh about them now. We make time to play and really connect a few times a day. Our boy is going to be a more confident child because of it.
It's actually fun to play with my friends' kids now and I can occasionally give ideas that help prevent meltdowns - it feels real good to be able to help and read children better!
on 15 May 2016
Arrived in good time and it is as described. Thank you.
on 29 June 2013
We bought this as we kept getting 'stuck in ruts' with our toddler - you know, when they refuse to do something or keep doing something naughty and eventually, in spite of your best intentions you end up losing your temper? Well since reading this book we've had a lot less of that - it's been so useful. And so useful at understanding some of his behaviour - and how to deal with difficult situations (like when he'd been really scared by something). I might read it again once my son is older too as it deals with kids up until early teens.