on 20 July 2004
This book is sick, bitter and twisted. What kind of mind conjures such abnormal chilren as these? I'll tell you - a very funny one.
I bought this for my son after it was recommended on the back of another purchase I was making and we love it. On first reading we had tears in our eyes, and on 2nd and third........
on 2 December 2005
I quite liked the premise for this book being a fan of both the sublime Edward Gorey and his modern day equivalent Tim Burton...so I ordered the book. What a disappointment. The illustrations are fairly poor and the sense of humour screams 'I'm trying too hard to shock' making it not funny or quirky in the slightest. Back to the Gashlycrumb tinies for me .....
on 31 January 2014
What to say about Creepy Susie.... Well its certainly a good book for cheering you up thats for sure.

When this book arrived i was thinking it would be a book of short warped stories so i was rather surprised to find it like a comic in the way it was told with illustrations and little quirky sentences.

Much like the Bunny Suicide books, the illustrations themselves were relatively simple and fit well with the short text that went with them. My favorite out of the bunch would be the sibling rivalry, it had me in stitches and I had to show it to a friend.

This book took only twenty minutes to get through but it is well worth getting if you're interested in warped little books of humour that are meant for brightening your day. If I had a coffee table this would be left there for anyone to read.
VINE VOICEon 19 May 2005
Anyone who is thinking of buying this book should double check the title, the artwork etc. The clues are all there!
For those unsure let me expalin, This is a sick little book for sick little puppies!!!
It is also the most hilariously evil and twisted thing i have ever had the extreme pleaure to read. Yes it will offend the more genteel minded reader but for those who find themselves worn down by the awful crap that they hear in the news each day this is a spiteful, cruel but ultimatley harmless book.
Certainly it is not the sort of book that would appeal to everyones taste but please do not allow the previos review to put you off if you are a liberal reader who is not easily shocked and is in possesion of a naughtily nasty sense of humour there are a large number of truly wicked laughs to be had here. And if you don't feel guilty for laughing - you should!!!
I wholeheartedly urge the adventourous reader to buy and enjoy. The others I suggest should not. Simple!
on 1 July 2004
The stories are psycho, bizarre, horrible, twisted, warped AND FUNNY!!!!
Many times I laughed and then as I turned the page I became shocked at the outcome! Very creative & certainly creepy.
Covers many issues including shock therapy, murder and, well, pretty much these are the re-curring themes.
on 15 December 2001
Thirteen short, sweet, demented stories for all of the joyful, troubled, children in us. Each one made me laugh out loud.
on 11 March 2005
I am no prude, but I really did not find this book at all funny or suitable for children. I bought the book on the strength of the other customer reviews, thinking it would be suitable as a text for some of the teenage students I teach. However I think the other reviews are very misleading. Although I accept that some customers may find it funny, others will also find it too sick. As you cannot 'try before you buy' with Amazon, I would recommend that customers go to bookshop so they can see what they are getting.