on 20 May 2017
This is such a brilliant book. It was recommended to me by someone at a workshop I went to at a festival. Having worked with mantras before and living them I immediately bought a copy. It is easy to read, insightful, inspiring. I have now done 2 forty day disciplines with 2 of the mantras and I feel blessed and humbled by this ancient practice which I love. Thankyou so much Thomas Ashley Farrand
on 1 December 2011
Being a Yoga and meditation practitioner and also having worked for most of my career with children with sensory impairments, I know how important the use of repetitive sound is for healing. This book confirms my beliefs and is a very informative and readable account of the use of mantras in different cultures, and throughout periods of history. It is practical in its application, and inspires you to start immediately. It empowers you with knowledge (that is sometimes held in mystique) and the tools to try something unique and individual for yourself.
It can have astonishing results for those who follow its suggestions and is a catalyst for change. Prepare to be amazed if you take it onboard seriously or be mildly fascinated if you just read it intellectually and don't want to apply it personally.
on 26 April 2017
As a first book for me on this subject I am very pleased with it. An easy read and one that I can understand.
on 1 September 2017
Order fulfilled in timely fashion and was well packaged. This is a comprehensive guide to the phonectic pronounciation, meaning and application of mantras and was bought together with the accompanying CD (see separate review). In addition, the author adds great value in describing some history and personal teaching and healing experiences. I was very pleased with such an introduction to the practice and would highly recommend the purchase as excellent value for money.
on 30 December 2015
Ordered this as i'd misplaced my original one which came with CD. This one doesn't come with CD, but is equally excellent and I use this along with another all the time for my clients. The results for my clients are amazing, coupled with the work we do together.
I use the mantras myself, too--to good effect!
on 5 March 2016
If you are into yoga and Mantras you will love this book, it is great to find so many different Mantras to choose from. Seller fine arrive in allocated time.
on 21 January 2014
This CD is very well placed together..maybe more aimed at the beginner who has no idea about sanskrit chanting etc, was a little too simple for me and I felt the information inside could easily be looked up on the internet for free. But having said that. If you don't want to be bothered with that then I would recommend this CD to learn pronouciation of the chants.
on 12 December 2016
I love this book I have it myself , in fact I love it so much that when my adult son mentioned he was practicing meditation I bought it for him . I would normally have given it 5 stars but when it arrived I realized unlike mine it didn't have a cd of the mantras to help with your practice which was a real shame
on 26 March 2017
it is helping me to learn a great deal about mantras. thank you. Ann
on 15 November 2017