on 26 June 2012
I quite enjoyed the book at first, but after a while the book got into things that I wasn't really interested in. I suppose there just isn't that much interesting information around on lucid dreaming to fill a three hundred page book.

Nevertheless, some of the techniques do work, and the book is very scientific, most of the time. The problem for me is it seems that after a while techniques stop working for me. I've tried a self hypnosis mp3 (Sleep Hypnosis for Lucid Dreaming), and the techniques in this book. Both work, but the self hypnosis mp3 only worked twice in about fifteen attempts. The techniques in this book do work from time to time, however, most of the time I find myself unable to go back to sleep after having woken up early, as the method requires. I don't know if that means that I'm just not the ideal candidate for this, or if I'm doing something wrong, or if the techniques just don't work as well as the author suggests.

Stephen Oberauer
Author of The Mischievous Nerd's Guide to World Domination
3 people found this helpful
on 5 May 2011
Now this really is a fantastic book. I was looking for something to help me both understand and explore lucid dreaming and this book has been absolutely perfect for this. Stephen Laberge has done a lot of scientific studies into lucid dreaming over the years, using his own experiences and the experiences of others and has come up with great, easy to follow techniques that the reader can use over a period of time to try and become lucid while dreaming. I read a lot of the other reviews before purchasing and was very impressed by what I'd read. People's accounts seemed really positive and encouraged me to give this book a go. I have always had an interest in the subject after experiencing lucid dreams randomly throughout my life but had never before considered learning techniques to induce them. And what a wonderful idea it is. It truly opens up a new world that is difficult to put into words. After reading this book you begin to wonder how more people aren't investigating the amazing possibilities for themselves. I am thrilled with this book and have already started to experience changes in my sleeping and dreaming process and even had my first ever experience of sleep paralysis after reading about it in this book, which was just utterly bizarre! A life changing book for those who crave adventure and discovery!!
2 people found this helpful
on 14 September 2013
This book is not only essential reading for anyone interested in investigating the world of lucid dreaming, I would go so far as to say it is essential reading for everyone. A real eye opener, game changer, paradigm shifter of a book.

We all dream, but few of us pay much attention (few of us know how, or why we should).

If you stop to think about it, we spend at least one third of our lives asleep, and dreaming. Shouldn't we see what's going on down there, in those depths of our being?

What a book !!!
3 people found this helpful
on 29 July 2013
I give this book 5 stars as it has an effect on you and helps your lucid dreaming journeys during reading its contents.
Its short and sweet, and to the point. Some stuff can seem repetitive but it doesn't get irritating. A great balance of exercises, dream cycle and psychological explanations of dream patters e.c.t and first hand accounts of peoples experiences.
I would recommend this read to anyone serious about exploring the world of lucid dreaming, though it's the only book I've read on the subject, it still works. Why fix it if it ain't broke, eh?
I was having successful lucid dreaming experiences following its instructions and even half way through the book itself.
Interesting and exciting subject to delve in, and you'd regret life without exploring it at some point.
on 30 June 2017
Incredible - a step by step guide on how to conquer the dream world and consciously live in an alternate reality. Lucid dreaming is incredible.
on 12 April 2013
Doesn't matter whether you already experienced lucid dreams yourself or you're just trying... If you buy this book you won't regret it.

Since I was a child, as a strong dreamer I was always interested in dreams in general. Unfortunately my family, friends etc. didn't share or understand my passion.
It's good to know that there are lots of people out there who enjoy dreams like I do and big thanks to the author for such lovely and helpful book.
on 8 November 2014
Amazing book! Although it is extremely subjective after just a couple of months I was having lucid dreams. Even if you don't manage to achieve this yourself it is still an extremely interesting book as it details Stephen's efforts at proving to his peers that he wasn't making it up, it explains what experiments they do at the lucid sleep lab in Stanford and has lots of stories from people who have had lucid dreams.
on 22 July 2014
One of my favourite books of all time, amazing book on both dreaming and lucid dreaming. I learnt to lucid dream very well with this book and found the information contained within the book very insightful and helpful!
on 16 September 2016
A comprehesive guide to anyone learning to lucid dream. I thought I had all the knowledge I could get just from the internet. Wrong, I found loads of new information from this book on other important things aside LD as well. Brilliant read.
on 21 April 2018