on 14 April 2013
brought for a friend and he says it is a very interesting book. He had a heart attack and has read about half dozen books and is now recovery. This was one of them. He says the approach is very strict especially the diet and newer books have given different information, I guess a happy medium is the approach my friend has taken taking into account all the information he has gathered from various books that were written at different times. This is a must for anyone who wants more information about recovering from heart disease. It is very informative and my friend said it taught him a new way of looking at his condition and is recovering well without all the drugs the hospital and doctors gave him.
on 25 June 2014
This book I heard about it while attending a lecture in Auckland Newzeland.One of cardiac patient stood up and said it is my bible.This lecture was in a church hall attended by cardiologist,psychologist.patients.Went to library in Auckland asked about the book ,they did not have it but they ordered it for me for 17 NZ dollar.This was in 1996.I was interested as I have familial high cholesterol.Fallowed the program of reversing heart condition for three weeks.Cholesterol dropped from 7.4 to 4.8 meqper L.Did blood tests before and after the experiment on my self but the liver enzymes raised to double the figures before the experiment.This book is the first book which gave me hope that we could control all our illnesses by healthy life style including diet ,exercise,relaxation dealing with stress ,accept what we get no rat race .This book I recommended for all people who are interested in their health.I gave it as present this time for a friend .I have thousands of books but the first book is the republic by Plato and second to it is this book this book was recommended by me many times for people.Once a minister of health in middle east wanted to borrow it I refused to give it as this book is more important than the minister.The price in WH smith is 14 pounds.All my neibours bought it.
on 13 September 1997
This book (after reading three times) changed my life! My total cholesterol has dropped from 240 to 130-170. I have more energy then I did twenty years ago. I have started a Dean Ornish support group in Portland, Or and have dedicated my life to preventive medicine.
on 28 April 2010
As a heart patient having had bypass surgery, I find this book very encourging to change my life style for a possible reversal in my condition.
I have already recommended this book to some of my friends who are in similar condition and I do the same to your customers.
I wish Dr Ornish the best of luck in his great work of persuading the otherwise hopeless cases to 'live' again.
Madan Judge
on 13 April 2013
Bought this book for my son, who at 22 has been diagnosed with heart disease. Whilst the hospital insists on drugs, whilst conveniently forgetting to tell you about all the side-effect, my son has decided to look at alternatives to improve his heart function. This is a good informative book with recipes and key points to improving your health. He now feels he has someone on his side that feels the same way about drugs as he does. Time will tell but he would recommend this book if only to improve your lifestyle.
on 9 December 1998
I write a food column for a little newspaper in Ohio. A man I interviewed avoided surgery and did indeed reverse his heart disease by eating a diet of less than 10% fat. He became so inspired he wrote his own book of low fat recipes!
on 20 August 2015
Small print and lots.
First third of book tries to validate the theory
The rest is how to put this into practice
How good is the programme can only be answered after medical monitoring to establish that plaque reversal is or has taken place and obstructions are now gone. Equally to establish if new blood vessels have been created.
on 18 April 2013
written by a professional doctor whose method has been shown to work, and offers hope to those with heart problems.
on 3 April 2010
Easy to read and great for discovering facts about heart disease and prevention of further problems. Recommended by a friend in Canada who had similar problems and she follows Dr. Dean Ornish's programmes religiously. She also told me about the other t 2 books I purchased at the same time.
on 14 April 2010
An amazing insight how to prevent and cure existing heart disease by a qualified Cardialogist.