on 4 August 2015
I read this book when it came out, and recently again 30 years later...I now recognise where all my opinions ans thought processes began...excellent read - even 30 years on!
on 30 November 2012
The only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars is because of it's age otherwise a fascinating jaunt into the misty depths of human cerebral evolution.
on 10 November 2016
Really poor quality - feels and looks like it's been stored in some moldy dump place for years and years. Then dried. A health hazard
on 26 January 2015
Brilliant informative book, a little difficult to follow in some places, still got through it though. 😊
on 4 September 2015
Trying to read it, but the print is too small. Okay for people with 2020 vision.
on 17 October 2014
in excellent condition. all pages intact.
on 29 March 2015
Tough going but I will persevere
on 14 November 2011
I'll just say it, this is a great book. As you'd expect, Carl opens his mind to the reader and his infectious enthusiasm hits you almost straight away. For the lay person, such as myself, there was a bit of (admittedly basic) mathematics which I struggled with for a bit, but it is by no means difficult for somebody who isn't as inept as me. Just be prepared for the possibility of investing a bit of brain power into the analysis of some numbers and equations (something I found surprisingly rewarding!)

All in all, Carl's speculations on the evolution of human intelligence are as interesting as one would expect, and the book is filled to the brim with his wit, intelligence, love and above all charm that makes his explanations of science so seductive and beautiful. Even though this book is now out of print, if you can get your hands on a copy, I would say that you are unlikely to regret doing so.
on 10 August 2014