Customer reviews

A Bed of Your Own
Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 5 September 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
you cant not love this book, perfect rhyming story full of fun and silliness for children of all ages ( i loved it and my three year old loved it) superb illustrations throughout and the perfect length of book, not too short and doesnt drag out the story of this little girl who just cant seem to to sleep and then we find out why !
on 14 June 2014
My 2.5 year old absolutely loves this book, have recommended it to all my friends and going to get the others by the same author!
on 23 August 2014
This story is fun. I'm a sucker for a rhyme! Only thing I'd say is it's a bit long, our 2yr old rarely makes it to the end.
on 11 June 2013
It hasn't had the desired effect in our household , we still have a night visitor but a nice story for bedtime.
on 24 October 2014
Love these books.good message in the story, Love how it rhymes and never gets boring. Fab pictures too.
VINE VOICEon 16 October 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really cannot fault this big, bold and colourful story-book for children. The illustrations are fantastic and absolutely great for kids to pore over. It means that the book has great re-readability and I defy any child to get quickly bored with this story.

The rhymes in the story are very well written and make for a superbly hypnotic bedtime story. That said it can just as easily be read in the daytime despite the subject matter!

The final thing I would like to praise is the fact that the words are not simply written in straight lines, but rather they are written in a rather more interesting fashion. I know that the child to whom this was read loved that and drew him to the words in a way they might not otherwise have been. This obviously increased the educational value of the story.

Overall therefore I thoroughlY recommend this story for young children (probably up to around 6-ish)!
on 27 February 2014
Very interesting story it was fun and my son fully enjoyed it and helped to sleep in their beds thanks
on 22 February 2015
I enjoyed this book & keeping my fingers crossed it helps my daughter when i put her into her own room
on 11 November 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is another book from a series containing Suzy Sue and her animal friends. In this one, she is trying to get to sleep only to find there's a load of animals in her bed. She then tries to get them to sleep and eventually ends up asleep herself. The illustrations are really nice and quite funny actually - there's lots to talk about alongside the story so it's definitely recommended on that count.

I've used it a few times now for my 2 year old daughter's bedtime routine - she seems to like it although she does gets quite animated throughout so I have reservations about it as a bedtime book. By comparison, the Tiger Who Came To Tea remains a hit in terms of attention and unwinding. For that alone I've dropped a star on its rating.

In fairness all children will be different so do check it out - it seems a really nice series of books.
on 11 August 2016
My little boy loves this story excited every night to hear it. Very well written fun bedtime read