Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 September 2013
Excellent book! Lots of action, excellent plot, and best of all, James Adams is back as a 21 year-old. It's fascinating to see how he has grown and developed from the 12 year-old recruit and I'm glad that Robert Muchamore has decided to keep him in the story. I agree with comments from other reviewers that there was a little too much of Ryan and Natalka's relationship but it did serve to show the difficulties that young teens face in undercover situations. It'd not all about physical dangers, there are emotional ones too.
on 8 July 2016
Our young agents are once again fighting for "evil" for "good". This continues from the previous book " Guardian Angel" and the Aramov clan's smuggling operations. Now the clan is controls by a branch of US inteligence, and it goes wrong. Cherub has training instructor Kazakov murdered, but they do stop most of the terror attacks that had been planned. Former agent James returns from America to help in training new recruits, and finally has a fling with his one time swim instructor Amy. Great read, but I am a little older than the target market, som e mild sexy scenes but nothing graphic, quite a bit of voiolence.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 13 September 2013
This must qualify as one of the best endings to a sequence of books. The waiting and anticipation have been worth it although it is also with a feeling of sorrow that it has ended - but has it? Success breeds success and I would not be surprised to happily see more as I assume readers would. Fingers crossed. This 'Black Friday' is superb. Ryan working undercover and previous friend, James Adams, returning.'Cherub' gets a big 'yes'.
on 7 September 2013
I really enjoyed this book, like all the other Cherub books before it. James Adams and some of the other characters from the first Cherub series make a reappearance, and I thought that worked well; it felt like being on familiar turf.
While I had nothing against the new generation of Cherub agents, I found that somehow in the previous two books I just didn't quite take to them in the same way as the old ones. I was therefore very pleased to see the return of some familiar faces - it made a good bridge between the two series of Cherub, and sets up potential storylines for future books.

The plot does jump around a bit, but that's nothing new, and as I read the book in two sittings, it definitely kept my attention. Recommended for all Cherub fans.
on 13 September 2013
This book is great! It's a lot cheaper to buy on amazon and the book came less than two days after ordering! The book as a whole is just amazing. It was so cool to see that James Adams was back and the whole story line is as good as expected.I hope Robert Muchamore makes more cherub books in the future :D
on 23 September 2013
I loved this book I couldn't stop reading it definitely worth 5 stars I hope there are more books coming out. I love CHERUB it is one of my favourite series. I am only 11 and I have reading CHERUB for the past year and finished the James Adams' and Ryan Sharma series and the bonus stories on the computer, now I have to read the Charles Henderson's series then I have finished I can't wait for the next book.
on 11 September 2013
After finishing Robert Muchamore's latest book, I tend to find myself in agreement with a couple of other reviewers. This is a good book, but not a great one.

The book gets off to a fast and action-packed start as cherub agent Ryan is working undercover to prevent a major terrorist attack on America--an attack that has links to his long-term mission of infiltrating the Aramov Clan. The first 100 pages or so were gripping and I couldn't turn the pages on my kindle quickly enough. I did find that after Ryan returned to the Aramov headquarters for the last 2 thirds of the book that the pace dropped a bit and, while I still enjoyed it, didn't have the same punch as the opening section.

It was great to see the return of James Adams the hero of Muchamore's first series of Cherub books and I thought his involvement worked well.

This is the final book in this second series, but I hope Robert Muchamore continues to write about the world of Cherub in future books.
on 4 October 2013
After the fantastic People's Republic and Guardian Angel, I was definitely expecting a great ending to the Aramov storyline, yet I was left kind of hanging with Black Friday. The main plot of the book only last until about a third of the way through, and after that really isn't as fun and exciting. Yes its awesome that James and Bruce come back, but I disagree with some of James' plotlines, since after the end of Shadow Wave we expected not to see him again and it took the emphasis off Ryan.
on 4 April 2014
Purchased for 14 year old son. Took him no time at all to get through this book. He's read all of them. If only a Robert Muchamore could write as fast as my son reads! He can't wait for the next in the series!
on 17 September 2013
This really is the perfect series, I've grown up reading it and I can't believe the characters you love grow up and have their own identity outside of cherub - makes it seem real. Really hope there are many more books to come.