on 14 April 2017
I have read all of the 13 Cherub books prior to this one from a library. When the next one wasn't in I was annoyed but then I spotted it on the Amazon store and bought it straight away. This is the first time I had bought a book from the Amazon store so I didn't know what to expect. Luckily it was quick and easy. Really impressive service.

The book itself was awesome. At first I had been a bit sceptical that the second series wouldn't live up to the intense, action-adventure style of the first series but luckily, two books in I can say that it is. It is the same style of writing that I loved about the first series, with action moments, complex plots and interesting characters. The Aramov plot was a lot like some of the other books but somehow didn't have a monotonous, boring feel to it like some series do. It seemed new and exciting whilst carrying over the same themes of inter-character relationship, kick-butt action and detailed story lines. In would recommend this book to 12-15 year olds due to some features not suitable for younger kids and a kid-spy style that wouldn't suit older people. I am 13 and loved this book. 📚📚📚
One person found this helpful
on 6 August 2012
I've learned that if a book is by Robert Muchamore, it's going to be brilliant. And this book is no exception - I never wanted to put it down. It continues on from People's Republic: A new hero, a new mission (CHERUB) and is one long mission (different from series 1) that will finish in Black Friday next year. The characters are great, the plot is brilliant and it's just fantastic. A must read.
7 people found this helpful
on 16 August 2012
After reading the first of this 'CHERUB 2' Series, I was sceptical. The characters didn't have the same charm and the storyline felt like a copy of the first series. However after reading Guardian Angel, my ideas have completely changed. The storyline follows the first book and, although is fairly typical, is exciting as always. The characters, Ryan and Ning, have also grown on me. Overall, although this isn't one of my favourite CHERUB books, it certainly is a very good book.
on 30 August 2012
I'm a fan of the Cherub series after I found 'The Recruit' some four years ago. Guardian Angel fully lives up to the rest of this series and I know from my own experience that the adult world does indeed often underestimate the abilities of kids. This is not just a book for children though, it is well written and crafted story of crime and adventure that pulls few punches. Once you read this book in Muchamore's series you'll certainly want to read the others!
on 21 January 2017
More action from the teen / child spies. Great for hours of distraction for all readers especially the young who these books are aimed at.
on 26 November 2013
While the book is excellent overall but a few glaring issues stick out. The new character Ryan is not very relateable and realistic like James from the first series and most of the story with Ryan is irritating but the chapters about Ethan's journey are very,very interesting. Sometimes it gets out of hand and you cannot understand what is happening and there isn't much focus on the events at campus and some of Ryans interesting friends.

Overall can't wait to read Black Friday.
on 2 May 2017
As with all other books that Robert Muchamore has written, I love it great read just can't get enough
on 3 June 2018
Love my books
on 14 December 2017
Perfect, as described & delivered on time
on 9 January 2018