Customer reviews

on 5 May 2017
Lovely book! We have most of Mick's books, all great.
on 14 February 2008
....in this delightful board book, from Mick Inkpen.

In this story, Wibbly tells us what he likes best, well with most things anyway....the last page poses a problem!

14 sturdy cardboard pages, in the popular 2-page spread format, colourfully illustrated throughout with simple drawings.
This super book is further enhanced by charming expressions and short, easy sentences with questions to further stimulate the young reader and...hopefully...a response!

Example of text:

'Wiggly Pig likes bananas.
What do you like?
Wiggly Pig likes the wiggly balloon.
Which one do you like?
Wibbly Pig likes milk.
Do you like milk or juice?.........'
on 24 November 2007
If your child is just starting to understand the spoken word then this book is great. Wibbly pig is shown on each double page doing something such as eating, sitting, playing, choosing a teddy etc. Small activities that a toddler can comprehend. The text states what he is doing and asks what you would like to eat, sit on, play with, choose etc.

My 19 month old daughter has reasonable language comprehension but limited speech production as yet. She really enjoys me naming the various options and pointing to her choice, trying to copy its name.

Although this book is currently a hit I feel it has a limited lifespan in our house. The lack of a story will mean that my daughter is likely to lose interest in this book as her language develops. Certainly her 4 year old brother has no interest in this book.
on 23 January 2009
I had these bought for my daughter as a present. She loves them and always has one of the series as a bed time story as well as another book. Ever since recieving these I have been buying these for all my friends and their children love them too. Very simple and colourful. I can rave on about Wibbly Pig books for hours but I will stop now.
on 3 April 2013
Wibbley can do no wrong.
this book is a little simpler than Are you going to bed Wibbley Pig and the Christmas book, (this one is has about 5- 10 words/page and not really a story) but it has lovely drawings and you can talk to your child about the pictures.
on 9 May 2010
Bought this for my 2 1/2 daughter, she loves the TV series and she was delighted when I got this book. She absolutetly loves it and loves to discuss which things other people love. Definately would recommend.
on 14 November 2010
My grandson likes Wibbly Pig and food, so this is an ideal combination!
Good illustrations & well pitched text for a 12 month old.
on 27 May 2014
My little girl loves Wibbly after seeing him on tv and adores these books. Great length for short bedtime stories.
on 3 August 2014
Fantastic , and my niece loved it
on 15 December 2014
Great book for little ones