Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 26 November 2009
I've just finished reading this. It is true, you could read this in 60 minutes, but it took me twice as long. Mainly because I kept stopping to cry.
Never has a book just taken me apart piece by piece. This book is devestating. In it's little stories, funny anecdotes and life lessons you see where your going wrong, and more importantly, where to go right.

Every father should read this and be turned into something that is worth his calling.
on 28 May 2009
I first purchased this book 15 years ago at a Christian event called Spring Harvest where Rob Parsons was leading a seminar. This book changed my life, I was working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, earning over £100k p.a. and driving an expensive car, what I wasn't doing was seeing my 2 daughters grow up, they were 5 and 2 at the time and I realised that they did not know me. This book made me realise how important my children are, every new dad should read it. I purchased this for my nephew on the birth of his first child, I hope he doesn't make the mistakes I made.
on 8 December 2012
I thought that it was a very weak read, if a Father doesn't have time for his children then he will not have time to read this book!
on 4 April 2000
I was lucky to find this book just before my son was born. It made me realise what my lifestyle was risking, and exactly how unique my son was to me.
I have recommended this book to countless others, and feel that it is the most important hour I ever spent,
on 26 October 1999
Essential down-to-earth reading for every parent of any child no matter what their age. Guaranteed to make you cry, laugh and prepare to change some views on your present parenting techniques. It certainly made me reflect and endeavour to improve how I handle situations in my own family circumstances, but most importantly appreciate my children as precious gifts with whom I only have but a relatively short time before they become parents themselves - hopefully!
on 5 October 2001
I am a father of two and am thoroughly enjoying fatherhood. I have read a few books to help guide me through the jungle and suggest that this is one of the best I have read. It is easy to read, informative and enjoyable.
It has something for all fathers. It has some good ideas of things to do and time to spend with your children, helps you understand your behaviour and its influence on your children and best of all, it helps you to prioritise your life and makes you think what you want out of your relationship with your children.
on 31 January 2014
The first book to be reviewed by RLSBS in 2014 is ‘The Sixty Minute Father’ by author Rob Parsons. Thankfully some of us are fortunate to spend quality time with our children in abundance but there are some fathers whose work-life etc, get in the way of them being able to build quality and memorable relationships with their children. I wouldn’t categorise this book as self help, more of being a nudge in the right direction for those of us who work long hour...s and have commitments that limit our time at home. Reading this book refreshed ones mind and intensified that desire to build a long lasting relationship with ones own child. Thankfully being blessed with more time than others, reading ‘The Sixty Minute Father’ helped cement what is and should already be an important factor of any child’s life…a good father daughter/son relationship. At little over one hundred pages in length, this book will not take up much time and due to having short chapters could be something to read whilst commuting to work or on the much deserved lunch breaks. Parsons also has another book, which is for mothers, aptly titled ‘The Sixty Minute Mother’. Whether your children are nearing adulthood or are in their infancy, it is worthwhile for you to give this book a perusal; whether it be for an inquisitive read or to help you build stronger bonds with your child.

RLSBS Rating 4/5
on 5 February 2011
Under my wife Hannah's encouragement I've been reading some books about parenting and more specifically fatherhood. This week I've read The Sixty Minute Father by Rob Parsons, and I'd thoroughly recommend it to any other dads out there.

As the title says it's quick and easy to read - I read it in three late evening slots - so it probably took me about 50 minutes - genuinely very easy and quick. The book is built around 10 basic but very challenging goals. For example, when talking about listening Rob highlights how most dad's think they spend fifteen to twenty minutes a day in conversation with their toddlers, but when researchers examined this and put the families under a microphone to measure it accurately it turned out to be on average less than forty seconds! I find that a real challenge to think how much am I interacting with Daniel. The book is full of these challenges, and lots of helpful examples and solutions to improve your relationship with your children.

If you want a straightforward simple book to help you think about being a father this is certainly one of the best.
on 5 May 2000
I've read this book many times since I bought it three years ago. Now, as a father of a 16 wk old son it means so much more. Having been brought up without any male role models and having gone down the workaholic route before, this book has helped me understand what I need to watch out for. I cannot recommend this highly enough. You only ever have one chance to be with each of your children when they are children. Don't let anything get in the way.
on 19 March 2009
I'm a new father with a four month old son. This book has encouraged me to take some very simple, but very proactive steps, to make my relationship with my son the very best it can be.

I've read the book twice since I got it, and thought it was so good that I ordered four more. I've given two of these away already to friends who are fathers and have decided who is getting the other two. I'll then need to buy some more.

I've heard Rob Parsons speak and find him an excellent communicator.

I'd recommend this book to any and every father, from those still expecting to those whose own children have grown up and left home.