Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 July 2017
I bought this, and Thomasina Miers "Wahaca - Mexican Food at Home" and having spent hours comparing recipes (many of which are duplicated across both books), categorising difficulty and how likely I was to actually make the recipes that were unique to each book, and deciding which had the better font and colour scheme I concluded ... that I would have to keep both.

To assist you:
If you like large type that you can read from across a kitchen then this book wins.

On the other hand, if you prefer a very comprehensive Index (that means you don't have to remember each obscure recipe title but can find things under categories as well as ingredients) then "Mexican Food at home" is better. (Consider both contain roughly the same number of recipes: this book has a 4 page index, the other has 8 pages.)

(Or do as I did and find space for both.)
on 21 November 2016
Bought this book second hand, and it's the best cook book I've bought in a long time! Lots of fresh, simple and authentic Mexican recipes anyone can follow.

I also love the fact that the author is telling a story about her time in Mexico, without losing focus on the food.

If you read this book, you'll learn the fundamentals of Mexican cooking pretty quickly, and impressing others with your cooking will become a piece of cake.
on 14 October 2016
I love this cookbook! I have recommended it to all my friends.. The gucamole is the best I've ever tasted. Could eat it on mass! I'm enjoying working my way through different recipes.
on 3 March 2016
This book is good but I haven't tried as many recipes as I thought I would. The recipes can be a bit long-winded which doesn't give a lot of spare time if you're doing them on a weeknight. Would recommend cooking these recipes at weekends!
on 11 October 2016
Great cookbook. Food doesn't look like it does in the pictures but that's down to my cookery skills. Everything i've made has tasted amazing.
on 17 February 2017
A fairly ordinary book on Mexican cooking. I doubt many of the recipes are authentic and the ingredients seem to be a confusing list at times. The book seems more targeted to the UK palate. This is not 'authentic' Mexican cooking.
on 18 August 2016
Not as exciting as the food on Wahaca. Interesting read though.
on 4 August 2017
Very good
on 29 April 2013
this really is an interesting cookbook and chose to keep it although it didnt have all the recipes i was looking for. I will just have to keep searching
on 9 October 2011
this cook book is great all the recipes are so easy to do taste great to,love the salsa make it alot .