Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 September 2017
I've read a couple of Le Carre's more recent novels which I have enjoyed. But neither measure up to this classic. It's a stunning read, a great story, perfectly told, with the plot unfolding gradually. Twists and turns and plenty of suspense.

I loved it!
on 15 July 2017
TTSS is grindingly brilliant. Smiley's People might be my favourite Le Carre. Both productions are authentic and engrossing.
on 6 September 2017
I took this away on holiday recently determined to finish it after a couple of earlier unsuccessful attempts. Sadly I had to give up again half way through and won't be going back for more. It is just too densely complicated and confusing. The funereal pace of the narrative doesn't help matters either. I can't deny the novel has a great air of authenticity but that's not enough to make want to know the outcome.
on 26 November 2015
So good to have three novels in one good hardback book. Read Smiley's People, and Tinker Taylor Solider Spy and will look forward The Honourable Schhoolboy in the future.Three novels without having to purchase three separate novels by John Le Carre.
on 3 June 2017
The classic spy book. Brilliant characters brought to life within a great plot.
Needless to say, this is one of my all time favourite books which can be read over again with no loss of enjoyment.
on 13 September 2017
The world of spycraft depicted here is fascinating; it has texture and history and you can feel le Carre's experience and knowledge of everything he writes. But the book is interminably boring and slow-moving at the same time.
on 3 May 2017
Very rare to come across a book that has been adapted well into a movie. The Character of Simley is a something we want to be but when we come across someone like him, we simply ignore and even show disdain. The lure of Smiley is that we can never be him.
on 12 September 2017
Delivered quickly and as described
on 16 January 2015
I have known this book for many years and it still doesn't disappoint.
Wonderful.
on 18 July 2017
Well written story, numerous characters to get to grips with, but worth reading.