on 26 April 2016
It is very helpful, but I would recommend that one should use notes in addition to it. It covers a lot of material but there are some facts that are not included that would be very helpful in the exam should you need to add more knowledge for higher marks. That said, it is an excellent guide for revising what you know and for understanding the course content.

I would particularly recommend it to anyone who is about to start this course, as it will give them a thorough understanding of the topics before they are taught them so that they can expand on their knowledge during class.

For all those who have finished their course and are now revising for upcoming exams, this book is excellent for exam practice and also provides you with lots of helpful tips.
on 23 May 2017
Excellent thanks
on 1 January 2016
As always, Ben Walsh hit the mark when it comes to telling teenagers about GCSE History and how to go about answering according to he go about answering according to the mark schemes. As a GCSE and A-Level examiner myself, I couldn't recommend these books by him more, I advise them for my students and I learn something new, too, every time I read them. My only negative comment about the books is that, for a revision guide, they go into more detail than is necessary, but, according to the new mark schemes,which are now more about knowledge than they ever have been, this is not such a bad thing.
on 17 February 2015
I bought this revision guide to see if it was one I should recommend to my students. Having read through it, looked at the tipson technique, the exam practice questions and considered the content I feel it is definitely value for money.

However, my advice to anyone buying this in preparation for their History GCSE is not to make this your sole revision tool. Use your notes. Use the expertise of your teacher. Use the AQA website to download past papers to practice.

I wish you all good luck in your exam, but remember, as someone once said: "The harder you work, the luckier you get."
on 26 April 2016
I bought this for my son David who's currently sitting his GCSEs. He said it contains an excellent amount of info for GCSE History and his teacher recommended it too. Unlike CGP, it goes into detail with key dates and events set out in a way that's easy to understand and remember. It also has revision tasks at the end of each section to solidify your knowledge. From what I can tell, it's the best student book out there for this GCSE. Would highly recommend, especially at such a low price.
on 4 September 2015
Don't listen to the reviews that say you can't soley use this book because of the lack of depth! In year 10 I got a C in history, this year I retook it and just by using this book I achieved an A*. Bear in mind I did not study history for almost a year and only revised for two days(also learning the new information from the 2015 course). It's clear, easy, and has all the information you need
on 15 June 2015
Very,very good book. Son doing History even though he hates it and is not interested in it. He loved the book, found it got straight to the point. Good points. Got A* in end of year exam . Son says of all the revision guides he has this one is by far the best of them all.
on 2 January 2013
It's worth five stars. It is a much easier version and condense of the text books that my daughter uses at school and she found it really useful when she did her mock exams a couple of weeks
on 20 December 2012
Current Year 11 student here! This book is a must have......nothing like other revision guides where there is only minimal information.
This book can easily get you an A if you use it correctly though some less important content on certain topics is missing which makes up the A*.

Definitely get this book! You wont regret it. Better than the CGP books which are soo dull and boring.
on 31 October 2013
All the relevant facts pared down, no needs to trawl through lengthy texts to gather relevant info as it's all been done for you. Recommended by son's history teacher. Son achieved grade D at end of Y10 with GCSE target set at hopeful B. Used revision guide over the summer to help with work set by teacher in an attempt to improve grade. Half a term into Y11 grade up to a B and target revised to A - a miracle!