on 31 December 2017
As somebody who was brought up as a Catholic I have a fundamental faith that God exists. However, in today's society and working in an engineering job with many friends who are anti-religion I am commonly coming across vitriol about people with faith and I have realised that I need some more proof for myself and some better answers if/when my kids ask me what my belief is based upon. I had also read the brilliant books Sapiens and Homo Deus recently which really was the first brilliant book I have read where the author has pinned his staunch beliefs in a non-spiritual human to the wall. These books rocked me and also made me feel very sad. I needed to balance myself by reading something from the other side of the argument. This book does not have all the answers and as some of the very lengthy reviews explain, some of the arguments are not backed up by much substance. However, it helped me and I found some of the arguments compelling. I recommend reading it to anybody who is looking and thinking about spirituality and I really think that more people should be thinking about that...
on 4 October 2017
The book is very well written and easy to follow. The arguments are clear and cogent. Keller shows an appreciation of differing viewpoints to biblical Christianity and handles them graciously and with respect. This is a very valuable tool in seeking to present the gospel in a secular age. I would recommend it to anyone trying to comprehend where people are in their understanding when it comes to their worldview and how the gospel presents a challenge to that worldview. If we treat those outside the kingdom with respect they are more likely to engage in debate.
on 7 October 2017
easy read
on 15 January 2018
Great arguments, well thought through and presented not too academically to get your head around. Good for thinking through whether you’ve believed in God for years or are sceptical
on 7 December 2017
Brilliant Book. Going to details & well explained.
on 13 April 2017
I recommend this book for those who don't mind being challenged about their beliefs. It does it in a smart and kind way.

Is well written and covers a broad selection of premises against religion and the Christian faith.
on 27 May 2017
excellent
on 27 June 2017
Excellent book for anyone who has questions
on 15 December 2008
Weirdly enough I had to go to my very own highstreet outlet of Waterstones to find this book as the christian shops didn't have it in yet. I had been looking forward to reading this for a while and I certianly wasn't let down. If your looking for hard hitting apologetics this may not be what your looking for, however for the new believer or someone whom is interested in the claims of christianity this will do the job. This is certainly a book I wouldnt feel ashamed to give to a friend due to its honesty in tackling some tough questions and its well written pages. Could I be going to far in refering to it as the 21st centuries Mere Christianty? Good work Mr keller.
on 11 October 2017
I brought one for myself and upon finishing it, immediately brought three more for friends exploring faith. Written with the kind of patience and thoughtfulness appealing to any stage of interest in faith, including myself, a Christian all my life. Would thoroughly recommend.