Customer reviews

Never Give Up
Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 August 2016
I'm a bit late to the party when it comes to Joyce Meyer. It's only about six weeks ago that I caught one of her half-hour shows on Freeview and subsequently found myself tuning in regularly, as what she said made sense for where I am in my life right now.

If you have not been treated well in your childhood - never been praised or encouraged - and have lived your life feeling somehow 'less', then this is the book for you. Joyce teaches in easy-to-understand fashion that no matter how many times Life kicks you in the teeth, you must NEVER GIVE UP because each setback is just telling you that you need to tackle things in a different way, or go in a different direction.

I'm not a church-goer so some of the Christian teachings will be more relevant to others than to myself, but when Joyce talks from the heart and tells you how she has coped with the horrendous things done to her, it really makes you sit up and take notice.

I highly commend this book to you because anyone, no matter what you've been through or are going through right now, will get something out of it, I can promise you. For me, it taught me that I must learn (and practice) Forgiveness because I was holding on to bitterness and that (apparently) is why I feel 'stuck' and find it difficult to move on with my life. It's also why I don't feel any happiness, no matter what good things come along.

It's difficult when parents, colleagues and ex-partners let you down when you do all you can to make them happy and fulfil their expectations of you but do you know what? I'm not bitter any more. I forgive them for treating me the way they did and (as Joyce says - differently worded): "what goes around, comes around". Let's hope it does.
on 30 September 2015
I loved this book and I would recommend it to anyone. I found it to be insightful in ways I hadn't thought of before and I liked the simple, down-to-earth way in which the author communicates. The price is reasonable and while it doesn't promise much it still delivers some good advice.
on 30 May 2012
I bought this book when I needed more strength and inspiration to get through a difficult period of my life. It helped a lot, I still read it from time to time just to remind me the main thoughts. Joyce Meyer combines the principles of Cognitive behavioral therapy with power of Gods Word. It is very powerful mix.

If you believe in God, this book is a must. If you do not believe but have difficulties in life, I suggest you buy it because God can open Himself via this book and you can meet Him on personal level. I think this is Joyce Meyers best book so far!
on 20 March 2013
Another brilliant book from Joyce. She has obviously pushed through to find God`s heart on many issues she has faced in life. This book encourages, heals, shows God`s great love for his children and to be thankful if you go through tests because ultimately it brings you closer to God which brings increasing happiness and peace to your soul.
on 28 January 2015
Good inspirational read and a great help for God's people in these tough, uncertain times to help them stay the course on whatever God is calling them to do. would highly recommend.
on 21 March 2016
Haven't started this as yet, but Joyce's books are great so I'm sure I'll enjoy.
on 24 March 2014
ANOTHER EXCELLENT READ AND AT A BARGAIN PRICE HAVE READ COVER TO COVER. WILL BE PURCHASING SOME MORE IN THE FUTURE AAAAA
on 24 January 2017
Joyce is always so practical and relevant. I love her illustrations and all she says is grounded in scripture. You will be encouraged to keep going through her ministry
on 18 March 2014
a very good book very encouraging and helpful highly recommended, there seems to be more and more challenges at the moment I would encourage anyone to buy this book
on 12 June 2015
Never get tired of reading or listening to joyce Meyers. She has this amazing way of putting things across