on 19 July 2017
I got up to this point in the Lincoln Rhyme series many years ago after watching The Bone Collector (still one of my favorite films!), and i was utterly entralled by the early books, loving the unexpected twists and turns, and being surprised by the final reveal. But by book five, I'd worked out the formula and was bored, and my interest in the main characters or Rhyme, Sachs, and supporting cast wasn't enough for me to keep going - I like a whodunnit I can reality get my teeth to, and these just weren't cutting it for me! However, I was having a browse through Amazon's recent offers, trying to find myself a nice juicy holiday read, and this was down to 99p, so I thought I'd retry the series, see if time had changed my opinion.......sadly, it hasn't. The story itself was interesting enough, but the killer - and all the various red herrings, were ridiculously sign posted, as was the 'plot-twist (I won't give any spoilers - nothing worse in a review!!!!) - that whole part of the book practically had a big flashing sign over it's head! It was just, on the whole, disappointly obvious.
On a more positive note, I did still enjoy the main character's storylines, which is probably the only reason I'd pick up another in the series.
on 11 March 2017
Love these books, they are fast moving exciting and never lead you into a boring and over wordy corner...always a surprise and never repeated...brilliant book
on 4 May 2017
Easily the best book in the series for at least the last few books, kept me wondering and intrigued. On to the next one!
on 8 March 2017
I am working my way through the Lincoln Rhyme series and have enjoyed each and every one. This book has the usual twists and turns and a few tugs at the heartstrings. Looking forward to the next one!
on 4 June 2017
Up until this book I've loved the series but I felt this fell a bit short. Too many theories and bad guys, it got a bit lost. I still love the relationship between Rhyme and Sachs so will carry on with the series.
on 29 May 2017
Jeffrey deaver always delivers a five star story
Good descriptive details
Can almost smell the hot dog and other food carts on the streets
Great read
on 12 March 2017
Another masterpiece
on 9 June 2017
Great read
on 30 December 2014
Excellent as usual from this author
on 6 August 2016
What can I say. The style and the content of this book suited my needs for the moment.