on 10 October 2017
Fantastic resource. Surprised that I did not come across it earlier. Very useful for A level students
on 14 December 2001
This book is a Must-Have for all & I mean all philosophy/Theology students!
Having recently just sat my exams in AS Theology & being in the middle of the A2 course, this book was and still is the indispensible/definitive book for my studies! It can be used as a text-book or/& as I did as a revision book.
I assure you that it it will the best few pounds you ever invest!!!
It explains and explores the five classical arguments for the existence of God in an a coherant and understandable manner. (it even made me understand the Ontological argument easily!)
Then it explores in later chapters the Problem of Evil, the Mind & Body distinction, Life after Death and Religious Language. What makes this book unique is that it makes philosophy fun, yes FUN!
It claims to be an 'access to philosophy' (the series' name) and by using clear paragraphs, bullet points, 'Key Points', summary pages and concise/relevant quotes it certainly succeeds!
Please if you want to get an 'A' your first step is to buy this!
Enjoy.
on 16 July 2011
I would absolutely recommend these pamphlets as ideal supplementary reading for A-Level RS or the perfect place for interested adults to begin the study of Philosophy of Religion.
The Religious Language pamphlet is my favourite because it manages to deal with the content in a really down to earth way but without dumbing it down or losing the complexity of theories. However, I should point out it won't cover everything you need to know for your exam so don't rely on it exclusively.
The exam practice section is lamentably out of date and the glossary could be fuller, but in terms of value for money you couldn't ask for more. What I really like about this series is that you can pick and choose which booklets you buy according to the needs of the specification or particular needs of a student.
It would be nice to be able to buy all the booklets in one pack though... I lose track of which ones I have!
on 19 December 2012
It was just what my daughter needed for her A level philosophy studies. She has found it very useful, easy to read and extremely appropriate. She would definitely recommend this to others.
on 12 September 2011
My old Philosophy tutor wrote this and I promised myself I'd get one of his. This is good for dipping in and out of to remind myself of points
on 11 July 2015
An excellent introduction to the philosophy of religion for students in upper secondary or first year undergraduates.
on 23 June 2015
Excellent resource for A Level students revision
on 23 September 2015
needed for school
on 8 March 2013
not too bad for a the topic , it was not really what i wanted but the book is helpful